What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

I finished the mix first try. I feel that its 90% there. Just need to reduce some muddy low end on the bass synth in the tune. The guitar tracks are nice and tight. I'll work on it tomorrow with fresh ears.

It's Friday. I haven't played guitar since Tuesday. I got off work early, went straight home and played my Ibanez AZ into my Stomp/MT15 rig without attenuating the volume into the power section (which I usually have to do when the family is home). It was glorious and felt great. Went to the gym for an hour afterwards.

Maybe bands are like women, Drew. If you act like you don't care and aren't interested they just want you more. :idk

:rofl

Hahahah I feel like I can write a book on this from all angles because I’ve come to learn that ‘Whatever I don’t want is exactly what she wants’, regardless of how it started, where it’s at and where it could potentially go. :rofl

At one point, I tried doing the opposite of not-caring, hoping it would bring an opposite reaction…..it didn’t. That sucked almost as bad as when I really, really cared and it brought the opposite reaction. :ROFLMAO:

Selling it. :idk

Have a guy coming over to look at some guitars and amps and pedals today. Pretty sure he is locked into
buying one of my Les Pauls, and if I can get him to leave with some other stuff I damn sure will.

Realized I have too much stuff and it is bogging down the energy here. Bad Feng Shui! :LOL:

I'll always play one way or another, but I have had my fun and been out there pounding the pavement
going to and fro for gigs. Those days are done. Old fart is going to old fart it and transition to some
other avenues in life, and freeing up some stagnant energy and making more room in my life for some
new experiences is where I am at.
I’ll help you move some gear. Perhaps you’d be willing to sell me a Bogner Mini Blue pedal…
Mr Rogers Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

This morning, I started deep diving into the Chase Bliss Moos MKII pedal. I've got the Mood hooked up into my DAW as an outboard effect. Running all kinds of sources like drums, synths, vocals, and guitar. This way, I can record some guitar, put it away, and then later work the Mood's controls without the guitar neck slam into my studio desk :cuss

Anyway, this pedal is the sh1it for sure!!!

Did my 1st ever shim job :wat on my Ibanez RG that I bought earlier in the year. Couldn't get the unwound side lower than 4/64" before, and now I can get it really low. Was a bit scarey but turned out to be nothing in the end. Didn't even pull the strings or trem, just blocked it high and was careful.

Really don't think I can stand the Fishman Moderns, though. Liked 'em ok for a few months, but now I'm like "ewwww". Tried from 2/64 to 7/64" height, and they consistently suck across the range. Going to try lower tomorrow, I'm petered out of f'in with it tonight.

Never had Dimarzio's, and I know they are pretty common for RG's - but they have so many models I can't decide. Anyone have suggestions? I like high output, great chugs but also full range. If I could buy more EBMM HT Sabre pu's, I would stand in line longer than Swifties for 'em.

Never had Dimarzio's, and I know they are pretty common for RG's - but they have so many models I can't decide
Yeah im partial to Dimarzio's for no other reason that they have been around for a long time, Super Distortion was probably the first Aftermarket pickup, I used the Dimarzio Pickup selector on their website to choose a set for my Charvel to replace my Seymour's and did a few searches on reviews, and some helpful folks here

Last edited:
Replacing the Suhr Aldrich Bridge with a Dimarzio Bluesbucker. Including 3-position switches to have all the Series/Parallel/SingleCoil combinations, and another switch to get Neck+Bridge combination

I already had a Bluesbucker at the neck. My favorite after years swapping pups, and I missed the charisma of that pickup when I switched to the bridge position.

Also using this opportunity to replace a fine-tune screw that was damaged, and clean and grease the bridge

My schematic:
2023-05-24 20_03_30-Bluesbucker H-S-H Wiring.vsd  [Compatibility Mode] - Visio Professional.png

20230521_173916.jpg

20230524_200742.jpg
20230519_195909.jpg

My new holy grail Sabre is giving me volume "scratchies" on the push/pull volume/boost knob. Geesh, little early for that to happen. Does this WD-40 smell ok? Assuming it's totally different from the old-time WD-40?

While I have not use this particular product from them… I do have other products from WD-40 e.g., dry Teflon spray… The smell is only associated with the water displacement product iirc. Not with the others; ime.

Back