What are you playing most?

Eagle

Shredder
IMG_2212.jpeg

I finished my 5150 replica a few months back and I am still finding myself playing it more than my other guitars ( about 30).
What are you playing and why?

Last edited:
So expensive now , I love other people’s Les Pauls . They sound and look amazing but I don’t get along with them to play. I have had more then 10 but I end up selling them because I don’t play it. Fortunately I still get to play lots because I am a full time repair tech and I get to play everything.
Here is a 59 I hade a few weeks back.
08BFD946-1848-4931-B86A-EC2D18A0491C.jpeg

And before you ask, not a reissue.

So expensive now , I love other people’s Les Pauls . They sound and look amazing but I don’t get along with them to play. I have had more then 10 but I end up selling them because I don’t play it. Fortunately I still get to play lots because I am a full time repair tech and I get to play everything.
Here is a 59 I hade a few weeks back.
View attachment 2581
And before you ask, not a reissue.
Was hard to decide between the LOVE reaction and MIND BLOWN reaction!

I look after some very nice collections , several hundred pieces containing pretty much everything you could want.

Playing Ed's main guitar in-front of him was not my worse ever playing experience . That was playing a demo at the trade show (London) for Steinberger only to look down and see Allan Holdsworth watching me. After that you can do anything.

How are you ok after that, Andy. And Ed, too? Wow! :love

I look after some very nice collections , several hundred pieces containing pretty much everything you could want.

Be fun to ask you some questions and here more about those. Any favourites that you have taken
a particular shine, too?

Also, are vintage guitars all that? Are there some vintage duds or lemons?

Any comparable guitars currently manufactured that you would recommend whole-heartedly??

Be fun to ask you some questions and here more about those. Any favourites that you have taken
a particular shine, too?

Also, are vintage guitars all that? Are there some vintage duds or lemons?

Any comparable guitars currently manufactured that you would recommend whole-heartedly??
Most are not that great .
Greenie is the worst vintage Les Paul I have ever played and that is about 40 over the years.
Fender Custom shop master built and Gibson Murphy Labs are generally as good as most originals and better than quite a lot.
Playability and build quality is far and away better now than it ever was.
I've played and worked on literally thousands of guitars over the last 30 plus years doing this.

Thanks, Andy! Hard to overcome the mythology we inherit and are subject to as guitarists.

Back