Aristides guitars: Looking to buy one, anything I should know?

The Strandberg individual head clamps are terrible but the new one piece is ok.

Ah, not sure about the hardware, per se, as it is the only headless guitar I have ever owned. But the instrument is a beast, piano-like noted all over the fretboard.

Not too sure about the Indonesian models, I’ve heard people say that the quality control is bad.

I’m hoping the Aristides is something like that, I really think guitar companies have started innovating in the past 10-15 years in a way that benefits musicians and facilitates better playing, if not better music.

Ah, not sure about the hardware, per se, as it is the only headless guitar I have ever owned. But the instrument is a beast, piano-like noted all over the fretboard.

Not too sure about the Indonesian models, I’ve heard people say that the quality control is bad.

I’m hoping the Aristides is something like that, I really think guitar companies have started innovating in the past 10-15 years in a way that benefits musicians and facilitates better playing, if not better music.
Most of the Indonesian guitars are fine but you do see a few that aren’t up to par. The Aristides stuff is about as perfect as I have seen.

Most of the Indonesian guitars are fine but you do see a few that aren’t up to par. The Aristides stuff is about as perfect as I have seen.

Wish I could try one. They're fairly expensive, and I've always questioned why they should be priced so steeply even though they are made in Indonesia. Also, the reports about quality control issues add to my perception that they are overpriced.

Still, sure are a lot of people buying them, so I guess they are quite good.

Here's the guitar I bought:

IMG_6095.jpg
IMG_6096.jpg
IMG_6097.jpg

IMG_6099.jpg
IMG_6100.jpg
IMG_6102.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6098.jpg
    IMG_6098.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6101.jpg
    IMG_6101.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
I've always wondered about the two indentations on the top of the body, do those serve any kind of functional purpose?

Do you like it ? It looks great.

Yup, it's a really good guitar. I'm very happy!

That's one sexy-ass guitar!!

What model is it?

As Eagle stated, it's a 060! And thanks!

Here's a short video I put together of the axe. In this 15-minute video, I play some clean stones, play some heavy tones and finally do a band mix. Watch!

EDIT: I updated the video, because the original mix was so poor, that it wasn't even HD. I just redid it and now YouTube is processing it as an HD video. Here it is.

Time stamps:
Clean melody: 0.28 minutes
Clean chords: 3.27 minutes
Distorted tones: 5.49 minutes
Full band mix: 8.30 minutes

Last edited:
"Smol Hans" strikes again lol

Thanks for going into some detail about the neck shape, that's the most important part of a guitar for me.

How is one of these going to sound with a Seymour Duncan Alpha Omega pickup set? Anyone tried those pickups?

I’ve never tried them, though I know they are Mark Holcomb signature pups. I like Periphery, though not a huge fan. Wondering if these will be good for downtuned thrash or death metal in one of the Arium bodies.
I had the Alpha Omega set in the SVN.

Honestly they were weak. I wouldn't have another set.

Sorry, had to take the video down for a bit. The levels across different sections were all over the place. Should be better now, especially the clean and heavy tones.

EDIT: I updated the video, because the original mix was so poor, that it wasn't even HD. I just redid it and now YouTube is processing it as an HD video. Here it is.

Last edited:
Back