DiMarzio Pickups - Which ones are YOUR favourites?

Quoting my own post because I know what real shit in life is like, and am feeling frisky and
eager to poke the Poo Bear that is FA! :hmm

:rofl

IMG_2337-scaled.jpg.optimal.jpg

:stirthepot

Hmm I have a PAF pro and a Tone Zone in my RG
I would like to try the lower gained Fortitude although I don’t play like that the demo vid of Joe playing it sounds incredible

I have had the super distortion in an old Ibanez destroyer and it sounded killer

Hmm I have a PAF pro and a Tone Zone in my RG
I would like to try the lower gained Fortitude although I don’t play like that the demo vid of Joe playing it sounds incredible

I have had the super distortion in an old Ibanez destroyer and it sounded killer
The Fortitude was recommended to me but in the UK they seemed to be hard to resource so ended up with the PAF Pro.
Fortitude looks a great pickup on paper.

Y’all see the new PAF ‘57’s?

Y’all see the new PAF ‘57’s?

Hmm I wonder if that is Eds pickup he chose in the EBMM, the original story is they gave Ed 3 pickups to try
1 2 and 3 , 1 was a tone zone. , 2 went on to become the Norton , and the 3rd on is the one he chose , its interesting this is an Alnico 2 m which was his fave pickup magnet

Hmm I wonder if that is Eds pickup he chose in the EBMM, the original story is they gave Ed 3 pickups to try
1 2 and 3 , 1 was a tone zone. , 2 went on to become the Norton , and the 3rd on is the one he chose , its interesting this is an Alnico 2 m which was his fave pickup magnet
That is interesting. I wonder if there are specs on the EBMM EVH pickup out there to compare. Off to Google!

From what I have tried in the past...

Pandemonium
Gravity Storm
Evo 2

Currently have:
Super Distortion T in both of my Tele's. Easily and by far the best sounding mini-bucker out there. No honk, no funky frequencies, just great tone and they actually split well.

Currently have:
Super Distortion T in both of my Tele's. Easily and by far the best sounding mini-bucker out there. No honk, no funky frequencies, just great tone and they actually split well.
I use the strat and tele versions, S and T. Totally agree with you. It's a killer pickup if you want to hotrod it up. I haven't used them in split or parallel mode yet but I do wire in a bass cut pot which does a similar thing. Brings the gain down and gives it more of a single coil style bite when needed.

ya that resistance seems high to me , the tone zone is 17k but could be , its looks like the closest to that pickup in the AT which is part tone Zone part Norton but not as hot

Wasn't the AT Sig based off the 36th Anniversary Pickup Platform?

From what I have tried in the past...

Pandemonium
Gravity Storm
Evo 2

Currently have:
What was the Gravity Storm like?

I haven't used those 2 (yet :grin), but based off the ones I have -- the Super Distortion or AT-1 work well to fatten up brighter guitars. That's exactly the reason I went with those in particular guitars.
I've just heard some extracts on Thomanns website the AT-1 does seem quite promising - bright but not shrill and seems quite focused

I do not see enough love for the Bluesbucker DP163 here. I've had more than a dozen Dimarzios, and the Bluesbucker is the most special. Specially on the neck. Very versatile with the 3-position EP1108 switch. P90ish without the noise, PAFish, , SCish, HBish...

My other keepers, after extensive Dimarzio adventures, are the Gravity Storm and the Satchur8.

I miss the Fred that I used few decades ago. Maybe I would get one again. And the Area 58/61/67 set on the Strat

Back