(UPDATED for new FW!) EVH amp vs Axe Fx, QC and TMP...

Quick…. someone shootout all the other non Fender TMP amps against copies of the real thing so they can fix all the “bugs” with those. A bug with the model?

Good luck.

All that convolution drip got in the way
Will Ferrell Hello GIF by Saturday Night Live

It's possible they need a greater level of oversampling, same as early Helix.

IIRC Line 6 was able to increase the oversampling once they optimised the model implementations to use fewer CPU cycles, which then freed up enough CPU to dedicate more CPU to oversampling.
I think this late into the game they should have came out of the gate at 96k with a little more power under the hood.

would be great if users didn't have to scrutinise this stuff to be able to trust that its working as it should. Theres more than enough instances where its been totally worth uncovering because eventually it leads to much better modelling accuracy and everyone wins. Well done @GuitarJon , hopefully it keeps Fender on their toes to make sure everything is the best it can be.

All of this is reminding me of my brief adventures with the 50w 6L6. I made this video:

Then it broke, got a replacement, made this video:

Then it broke again so I just sent it back to Thomann. I really miss that amp, it sounded so good!

Reactions: Elf
Back