(UPDATED for new FW!) EVH amp vs Axe Fx, QC and TMP...

Screenshot_20231103_170725_YouTube.jpg

Maybe not but I can see from the sound that it has similarities to the early helix engine as far as tones on the high gain stuff at least to my ears that was a fair comparison

It's possible they need a greater level of oversampling, same as early Helix.

IIRC Line 6 was able to increase the oversampling once they optimised the model implementations to use fewer CPU cycles, which then freed up enough CPU to dedicate more CPU to oversampling.

Last edited:
Okay Jon, next the JCM800, now that they got your attention maybe the TMP will add up to something.

Haha maybe I won't do another one too soon... I don't want to stir up too much poopies. Perhaps somebody else will? :) I will say though, the JCM800 didn't sound right to me... playing palm mutes on the low e string gave me super weird phasey crossover distortion or something.

It's entirely possible they botched the model somewhere by accident. Sometimes with updates an amp in the Axe FX will have a bad value somewhere, and then Cliff with patch it with the next update.

At least hope that's the case for the TMP.

Anyways, glad they actually plan to review and address it. Curious to see how this plays out.

I think it's impossible to botch a model this bad, especially when you have the reference amp and plenty of great reactive load boxes.
"bug" my ass.
who wants to quote all the marketing spiel from release about how good their modelling is on that amp specifically?

what is it with companies using beta testers who are more like secret forum cheerleaders than ones who actually test if stuff sounds correct?

Its not the first time its happened, I think every modeller has had something slip through the net at some point. But obviously when its a brand new product out of the gate with big claims, and its an "in house brand" that should have been spotted pretty quick.

who wants to quote all the marketing spiel from release about how good their modelling is on that amp specifically?

what is it with companies using beta testers who are more like secret forum cheerleaders than ones who actually test if stuff sounds correct?

Its not the first time its happened, I think every modeller has had something slip through the net at some point. But obviously when its a brand new product out of the gate with big claims, and its an "in house brand" that should have been spotted pretty quick.
Were the beta testers wearing scarves and focusing on the glitch delays instead?

Back