NDSP Quad Cortex

God bless you for keeping your area that clean, man! My dedicated "fun" office/music room looks like a Hurricane hit it between cables, guitar cases and assorted stuffs.

I would say the QC looks liliputian in these images, but I realize it belongs on the floor with the editor now duplicating it for desktop. You use any other pedals with it besides maybe an expression pedal?

I have a Mooer ex pedal but it wasn't connected when I took the pic. Might get a Chase Mood at some point. Or Hologram.

Of course it would be great if NDSP just put stuff like that in there. :unsure:

Got some new sockets added to the home office so no more extension lead and cables in a mess on the ground. Painted the room while I was at it.

View attachment 22562

Cables are still a mess but at least they're off the ground. ;)

View attachment 22563
How long ago when gitahplayuh mancaves had ashtreys toppled over on the ground, stains of beer bottles on the table, at least 2 posters of Pamela Anderson on the wall, and no paper towel next to it on a good day?

Rockandrollaintdead! ;)

How long ago when gitahplayuh mancaves had ashtreys toppled over on the ground, stains of beer bottles on the table, at least 2 posters of Pamela Anderson on the wall, and no paper towel next to it on a good day?

Rockandrollaintdead! ;)

It's already a mess again. Lol.

1000005221.jpg

We just put the mess back in the exact same spot.

Whenever I see people post pictures of their computer setups etc I always get suspicious. "How is it that clean and minimalist? Is this person really obsessive about cleaning?"

If you knew me you would laugh, dementedly, at that last sentence.

I have to get browbeaten into doing anything.

It's already a mess again. Lol.

View attachment 22570

We just put the mess back in the exact same spot.
Still looks better than my current music workspace.

Staying firmly on the positive (for a NDSP thread) tip, I'm 90 percent sure I'm going to grab Archetype:Rabea during this current 50 percent sale. I think pairing it with music laptop and a small interface will make it my "backup" rig for recording sessions. I'm pretty sure all of my favorite core tones are covered between the Overlord synth, reverbs, and the higher gain tones.

Still looks better than my current music workspace.

Staying firmly on the positive (for a NDSP thread) tip, I'm 90 percent sure I'm going to grab Archetype:Rabea during this current 50 percent sale. I think pairing it with music laptop and a small interface will make it my "backup" rig for recording sessions. I'm pretty sure all of my favorite core tones are covered between the Overlord synth, reverbs, and the higher gain tones.

Yeah I have 23 hours to resist the urge to grab Parallax.

The last two weeks I’ve got to my studio I’ve had to step around/over gear to sit in the chair, it’s a mix of clutter and too much fucking gear…..the clutter gives me anxiety but the too much fucking gear makes the dopamine swan dive into the anxiety pool and push ‘em all out.

Hahahha the rest of my apartment has ‘plenty’ of space, someone could have moved in here last week, but the studio looks like it’s been lived in for about 50 years. :rofl

Got some new sockets added to the home office so no more extension lead and cables in a mess on the ground. Painted the room while I was at it.

View attachment 22562

Cables are still a mess but at least they're off the ground. ;)

View attachment 22563

Looks great! Similar color to what I have in mine, maybe a shade lighter. Flooring looks good too...I did most of my basement but need to do my office/music room still. We went with lighter color.

My room is a complete mess again, need to clean it up this week. I'm building acoustic panels right now so once those are done, I'll clean out and want to do some before/after quick clips.

I sold my Boss GT-1000 to fund a couple hopefully improvements in my monitoring...

Picked up an Orange 1x12 cab (PPC with Vintage 30) so I can have a good quality speaker cab for use with modelers and a power amp, or a small tube amp if I go that route.

Ordered a Blackstar Amped 1 power amp pedal which can function as either a flat power amp for my modelers or as a simple amp to use with pedals out front. I looked at a bunch of options and people are pretty divided on the SD Powerstage vs Orange Pedal Baby vs others like the Blackstar. My big thing is I want something with some basic EQ so I can quickly adjust the overall tone, and I found one of these at a good price.

I sold my Boss GT-1000 to fund a couple hopefully improvements in my monitoring...

Picked up an Orange 1x12 cab (PPC with Vintage 30) so I can have a good quality speaker cab for use with modelers and a power amp, or a small tube amp if I go that route.

Ordered a Blackstar Amped 1 power amp pedal which can function as either a flat power amp for my modelers or as a simple amp to use with pedals out front. I looked at a bunch of options and people are pretty divided on the SD Powerstage vs Orange Pedal Baby vs others like the Blackstar. My big thing is I want something with some basic EQ so I can quickly adjust the overall tone, and I found one of these at a good price.
I like my Blackstar Amped 1 a lot; I use it in 6L6 mode along with my Synergy preamps. I am wanting to get a KSR PA50 at some point (probably not this year, possibly next). Or sooner if I sell my 5153 6L6 50...

The only negative on the Amped 1 is no presence or depth controls...

Yeah I have 23 hours to resist the urge to grab Parallax.

Went back and forth a bit, but had a come to Jesus moment. Not only am I getting most of what I'd be looking for in Archetype: Rabea from Helix Native already, but I still have unused licenses for Tonex and GENOME just sitting around.

Much better if I just shut up and play my guitar....

I like my Blackstar Amped 1 a lot; I use it in 6L6 mode along with my Synergy preamps. I am wanting to get a KSR PA50 at some point (probably not this year, possibly next). Or sooner if I sell my 5153 6L6 50...

The only negative on the Amped 1 is no presence or depth controls...

I think I was reading some of your positive feedback on the Blackstar, which helped so thanks!

I played around with an Amped 3 over the weekend and it was not bad at all. I figured try this one first and if it doesn't work, can always flip it and try something else.

Back