NDSP Quad Cortex

Awesome.
206nvj.jpg

QC not instagram ready ( not ready for streaming) is a big surprise actually lol. I would think that would be their bread and butter. :rofl
Cat Fun GIF by Black Roses Playing Cards

I downloaded OBS and it works absolutely fine for me. I did have to switch the dry/wet setting around in the IO menu but that was it. Could you explain more about what you are trying to do?

I downloaded OBS and it works absolutely fine for me. I did have to switch the dry/wet setting around in the IO menu but that was it. Could you explain more about what you are trying to do?
In obs I can only select “quad cortex”, no individual busses, which results in the direct input signal always in the recording…so unusable.
I need the usb outputs to show up in obs…just like it does with other interfaces.

what happens when Cliff retires? I'd like to think he's got prodigies in the works. But then again, look what happened with Marshall when Jim kicked it. Not the best comparison but hopefully that makes sense.
I would hope that he already has somebody under his wing to pass the torch to. That would be a wise business decision.

Reactions: LCW
In obs I can only select “quad cortex”, no individual busses, which results in the direct input signal always in the recording…so unusable.
I need the usb outputs to show up in obs…just like it does with other interfaces.

I can select USB outputs. Are you on Windows?

Edit: if on Windows do you have the ASIO driver installed? Second down here.

Did you try in IO settings on the QC to swap the wet and dry signal?

Last edited:
Been playing around with OBS again this morning. It's really good.

I usually make videos for my jazz lessons and sync sound from my DAW and video from my phone together in DaVinci resolve but now I'm thinking I can record it all together here.

Last edited:
I can select USB outputs. Are you on Windows?

Edit: if on Windows do you have the ASIO driver installed? Second down here.

Did you try in IO settings on the QC to swap the wet and dry signal?

I’m on a Mac, the usb outputs don’t show up.
I’m not aware of specific wet/dry settings…in the global out menu?

Been playing around with OBS again this morning. It's really good.

I usually make videos for my jazz lessons and sync sound from my DAW and video from my phone together in DaVinci resolve but now I'm thinking I can record it all together here.
That’s what I do…much faster. You can even get your phones cam in there via wifi…you’d need some software. Can’t remember which one worked…but plenty of freeware when I tried.

I’m on a Mac, the usb outputs don’t show up.
I’m not aware of specific wet/dry settings…in the global out menu?

Swipe down on the QC screen or, if using Cortex Control, settings > IO. Then click the USB symbol and on tab 2 of the options you can switch wet and dry signal. Wet comes out 1&2 instead of 3&4.

You guys think this will power a QC properly?
Summing the 2 outputs + the 12V for the “link” should be 2A.

That 1A 12v output is meant for adding a power extension…not sure if that is with consequense when used to power a unit..

You guys think this will power a QC properly?
Summing the 2 outputs + the 12V for the “link” should be 2A.

That 1A 12v output is meant for adding a power extension…not sure if that is with consequense when used to power a unit..

I asked on Discord. They said they wouldn't try it. Most use this.

I asked on Discord. They said they wouldn't try it. Most use this.

Who said? Any explanation why?

Someone (forget if FB group, Discord or the unity neural forum) mentioned a Strymon Ojai worked great. Just need the Cioks Crux to convert 24V to 12V.

EDIT: more specially the Strymon power supply. If you load up an Ojai with other pedals or too many high current draw ones, the QC won’t have enough current. But on its own it appears to be enough.

Last edited:
Thnx…is that fama “just a dude”…or ndsp support person?
They're all just dudes/dudettes. You might get a super rare comment from someone at NDSP, but that's less than once in a full moon.

Gotta have the most expensive shit, man. Don't even bother trying anything less, even if it totally looks like it could work.

Someone (forget if FB group, Discord or the unity neural forum) mentioned a Strymon Ojai worked great. Just need the Cioks Crux to convert 24V to 12V.

EDIT: more specially the Strymon power supply. If you load up an Ojai with other pedals or too many high current draw ones, the QC won’t have enough current. But on its own it appears to be enough.

Hm…gonna try the crux hooked up to my zuma…that outputs 1.5A at 24V…that should end up 3A at 12V…minus what the Crux looses in conversion.

And I need to power some pedals in my studio…Harley Benton is also in my cart ;)

Reactions: LCW
They're all just dudes/dudettes. You might get a super rare comment from someone at NDSP, but that's less than once in a full moon.

Gotta have the most expensive shit, man. Don't even bother trying anything less, even if it totally looks like it could work.
Yeah they gave no reason why it wouldnt work lol

They actually said it would work and idk, it's power at the end of the day. As long as it's supplying the 2A at 12v I don't get why it matters

Back