Those Seymour Duncan Powerstage amps are utter tripe

The assertion here is that these class D poweramps cannot provide their rated wattage in a sustained fashion. The PS200 gives 210W at a 4ohm load. But that might just be a peak reading.

So the theory is, more wattage means more headroom, means more chance of actually sustaining 100W continuously into a 4ohm load.
Actually I just checked the datasheet of the icepower module that's likely inside the PS200 and it says it can provide 130-140W of continuous power into 4 ohms.
That's referred to the thermal shutdown though, it isn't explicitly mentioned if the power supply can steadily handle that (theorically it should)

EDIT: now I see that it's stated in the main description actually, and even in the link preview you see here

Didn't mean to throw shade at your choice. I do keep (and love!) a Fender Mustang GT in my jam room :cry: :bag :ROFLMAO:
No, not at all. I do plan on trying the Fryette PS2/LX-II at some point, but in Madison Square Bedroom, it gets the job done for now.

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Also, for those that want to dig in on power amps and audio devices in general, I suggest taking a look at this forum, there are a lot of pretty in-depth scientific reviews of many power amp modules we usually find within guitar and bass gear.

No, not at all. I do plan on trying the Fryette PS2/LX-II at some point, but in Madison Square Bedroom, it gets the job done for now.
Well and with the Fryette stuff there is the scarcity, the stories of questionable support and also the story of that GD presence and depth control location on the LX-II :hmm:cuss:rofl

Well and with the Fryette stuff there is the scarcity, the stories of questionable support and also the story of that GD presence and depth control location on the LX-II :hmm:cuss:rofl
I'll add fan noise, idle noise and fragility to that list. I don't see myself buying anything Fryette again. When they work they're fine but they just don't seem like they are particularly robust.

My PS-100 could not take a 5-10 cm drop onto its feet. Was packing it up and my hand slipped. No visible damage but it just no longer passed audio when powered on. Tech couldn't figure it out because Fryette didn't reply to their emails requesting schematics. Claimed it on insurance and might try to get it fixed again some time.

Fryette support always seems to have some excuse when someone is calling for help on forums because they are not getting replies from the company. It's not like managing emails is this insurmountable task.

Fryette support always seems to have some excuse when someone is calling for help on forums because they are not getting replies from the company. It's not like managing emails is this insurmountable task.

Yep. I've always had great email support replies from Suhr, Keeley, 3rd Power, Diamond / SGFX and so on. Often from the owners.

No excuse for Fryette really. And it's definitely a concern that always pops up in my mind when considering a Fryette purchase.

Sounds a bit candy assed to me.
the rock wrestling GIF by WWE

Friend of mine used a Powerstage with his Helix rig briefly and we got together for a jam and his shit squealed like a pig at gigging level

He ditched it shortly afterwards

Back