The Great Christmas Freeze/Blizzard/Squall/Ice Storm 2022

Obligations mean that I'm supposed to be driving all the way up the St Lawrence through Québec as it hits :facepalm

Probably won't be as bad as what you guys are going to get, though. Wishing you all the best! 🍀
Were getting warnings here in Quebec , but maybe rain and freezing rain in the south of Quebec
gonna see how tomorrow pans out right now some light snow only
hopefully better tomorrow

It suuuuuuuuucks! Stay stay inside if at all possible!

Shining Jack Nicholson GIF

Hasn't started here yet. Heading out to rehearsal now. I might get proven wrong but damn does it feel like media is media ing this up lol. Storm of the century. Snowmagedeon lol. Fuck man it's Michigan and it's the winter time we've all been through this before.

Right on the western edge of the snow here, only expecting 3" or less, but it's -2F as I type this at 5:51 PM, high tomorrow of 0F, but up to a balmy 11F for the high on Christmas.

Hasn't started here yet. Heading out to rehearsal now. I might get proven wrong but damn does it feel like media is media ing this up lol. Storm of the century. Snowmagedeon lol. f**k man it's Michigan and it's the winter time we've all been through this before.

Sounds like something someone from Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo would say.... in true "downstater" fashion. :LOL:

Just grateful I am not flying somewhere this weekend. I can't imagine the hell that would be.

4 F in Nashville just seems nuts!!

Be safe everyone. :beer

Last edited:
Obligations mean that I'm supposed to be driving all the way up the St Lawrence through Québec as it hits :facepalm

Probably won't be as bad as what you guys are going to get, though. Wishing you all the best! 🍀

When I was a wee lad and visiting my grandparents in upstate NY (like REAL upstate, not ‘above NYC’) we’d go to Massena to see the locks of the St. Lawrence Seaway. The snow in that area of NY would literally fall up to 10feet deep back then. My grandparents had these huge ditches along the front portion of their property, once the snow would fall my dad showed me how they used to dig a tunnel, hollow out a cave in the ditch, start a fire inside of it and turn it into an ice cave. You could stand up all the way in them with plenty of snow overhead.

Hahahah, there was one year we were up there for a funeral, it started snowing HARD in the afternoon and dad and I took turns clearing the porch, we passed out thinking we got it good enough so we’d be able to do a quick shoveling in the morning and get out easy, but when we woke up the door was buried, opening it just left a wall of snow in front of it. We had to open the door on the other side of the breezeway and remove the snow that way! :rofl

4 degrees here in north GA with a dusting of snow, and the power went out about an hour ago. Thankfully, our fireplace works!

When I was a wee lad and visiting my grandparents in upstate NY (like REAL upstate, not ‘above NYC’) we’d go to Massena to see the locks of the St. Lawrence Seaway.

When I first came to Canada, the St. Lawrence Seaway blew my mind. I'd never heard of it. Amazing that you can sail a ship all the way down past Montreal, through the great lakes to Chicago; it's incredible. 🤯

Chicago! All that way inland! Wow.

Back