The Great Christmas Freeze/Blizzard/Squall/Ice Storm 2022

I may have drunk shoveled last night at 2AM. :idk

:LOL:

I have to keep up on the shoveling or else it will be too much for me to deal
with if I wait the 3 days for this to end. If that means going out in the middle
of the night after some beers then so be it. Besides, there are worse ways to
go than dying stiff as a board in a snowbank.

Funny, I was doing some drunk plowing around that same time. :rofl

I just remembered to bring my cordless batteries inside, and put a trickle charger on my diesel truck. It was 55 yesterday; now it's 17. It snowed overnight, but turned to rain in the AM.

That’s a drop!

It hit 83 at one point yesterday, it’s 46 right now. Those massive drops are what f*ck me up, it’s just too much of a shock. I had a few cocktails last night and ran down to my truck, felt it was a little chilly but the second I got around the corner and the wind hit me it was almost like getting the wind knocked out of me.

Here in Northern Alberta we’re finally coming out of a week of pretty steady -40 C. It’s been a nightmare all week with the trucks at work and after the first night we came to the conclusion of basically leaving them all run through the night and paying a security company to come in and monitor our yard. I can’t imagine what our file bill is going to look like for this month (22 trucks).

Glad it’s warming up but now it sounds like we’re in for more snow. Definitely a more than White Christmas this year.

We had 8+ inches of snow over two days in Minnesota, followed by -10 with about -25 windchill. I shoveled I think five times, and used the blower twice to clear the edges.

I’m cool with this kind of weather in December, so long as it’s not happening in April. That gets old.
What part of Minnesota? I've got a summer hideout north and east of Ely, was wondering why I bothered to come "south" to Illinois for the winter while I was shoveling snow with -35F wind chill yesterday, even though chances are it was worse up there.

Above freezing here for a few hours. Let the temp thaw begin!
Awesome! Where are you again?

We’re right on the edge of freeze/thaw - currently 32. Hoping we see 34-35 for a couple hours today at least. I have one sink in the house that won’t run water. :oops:

Awesome! Where are you again?

We’re right on the edge of freeze/thaw - currently 32. Hoping we see 34-35 for a couple hours today at least. I have one sink in the house that won’t run water. :oops:

South TX. We’re gonna be above freezing for about 6-7 hours before we dip back down into the low 20’s overnight. I parked two space heaters on full blast in the back part of the house in a bathroom and the washroom that are generally the most problematic for freezing. So far so good.

Crank your heater for a bit and see if you can smoke it out.

What part of Minnesota? I've got a summer hideout north and east of Ely, was wondering why I bothered to come "south" to Illinois for the winter while I was shoveling snow with -35F wind chill yesterday, even though chances are it was worse up there.

North metro suburbs. Outside of college I’ve lived within 20 minutes of Minneapolis for my whole life.

4ED8E2DE-F59E-498F-9DD5-2ED1F7FF484E.gif

Family just drove down from Seattle to middle of California. They brought down tales of frozen asphalt with parked cars sliding down hills into other parked cars, causing a chain reaction of car wrecks. People crawling on their hands and knees to get up the icy sidewalk, eventually losing their grip and sliding down hills careening into other people. Just nuts.

South TX. We’re gonna be above freezing for about 6-7 hours before we dip back down into the low 20’s overnight. I parked two space heaters on full blast in the back part of the house in a bathroom and the washroom that are generally the most problematic for freezing. So far so good.

Crank your heater for a bit and see if you can smoke it out.
Cranked the heat up inside and outside weather just hit 35 degrees. That one line thawed and is now flowing freely. Whew.

it's 79 degrees in los angeles tomorrow, christmas day.

for all who rip on how bad our politics can be, pretty much nothing tops california weather.

yeah, that's a flex.

it's 79 degrees in los angeles tomorrow, christmas day.

for all who rip on how bad our politics can be, pretty much nothing tops california weather.

yeah, that's a flex.
Florida. And they can still get a plastic bag in the grocery store, too.

Florida. And they can still get a plastic bag in the grocery store, too.
hard pass on florida for me, since that's where people on bath salts are fucking manhole covers in the street.

and your summers are the armpits of satan himself.

hard pass on florida for me, since that's where people on bath salts are f*****g manhole covers in the street.

and your summers are the armpits of satan himself.
Their middle class dont live in tents.

You’re right about the bath salts tho.

Their middle class dont live in tents.

You’re right about the bath salts tho.
i kid...

i know that florida gets a bad rap just like NJ does. NJ isn't all jersey shore guido types. there are really nice areas like alpine and short hills.

miami ain't like, say, the panhandle.

Back