The Food Thread

Love my Airfryer! I have this one:

1726591570244.png

Put the Pork Butt in the smoker at Midnight last night. Tended it until about 3AM and then
dozed off until about 8AM. Got up and checked the temp. Same around 10AM and then
again at Noon. It's at 175F now and will need another couple of hours. Low and slow this
time will end up = about 16 hours. Once I pull it I'll wrap it and let it rest for another
3 to 4 hours. :banana

It's an act of sheer will, discipline, and determination. :LOL:

Controversial topic for some reason, but an in n out just opened up basically across the street from me last week. There's been a few opened in CO the last few years but none close enough for me to bother getting out to. Went to this new one, only was in line for about 15 min, delicious :chef its been years since I've had in n out but I've always been a fan

Always happy to have more burger options close buy. I am not a tribalist when it comes to burgers, give them all to me :love

We went on opening day. Line wasn't terrible at all. They know how to move traffic.

It's so controversial. Everyone hates it. You can tell because the place is packed!

We went on opening day. Line wasn't terrible at all. They know how to move traffic.

It's so controversial. Everyone hates it. You can tell because the place is packed!

It's such a simple concept - cook the damn burger and fries to order.

Eureka!

And treat them well.

Funny you bring this up. The crew behind the counter not only works like a well oiled machine (sat and watched them during a massive lunch rush one day) but they also seemed to be enjoying the flow of it all.

Conversely I've been stuck in the drive through of the taco bell across the street for over 30 minutes before with only one car ahead of me :LOL:

Funny you bring this up. The crew behind the counter not only works like a well oiled machine (sat and watched them during a massive lunch rush one day) but they also seemed to be enjoying the flow of it all.

In N Out should be a case study on how to treat service employees and what the benefits are of treating them well. It's a high expectations/high reward environment.

I remember reading about all the fallout of California's decision to set a higher minimum wage for fast food workers recently, and all the crowing about how it'll impact business and profits and how are we going to survive and blah blah blah. And I remember thinking, the answer is right across the street. See that restaurant with the line out the door? Go see what they are doing.

Anyhow, sorry for the derail.

Food thread. I don't photograph my food. It's not around long enough. But I made a bomb spaghetti carbonara last night. The family devours teh carbonara like wolves at a kill.

Back