TGF Do Something Weekly Challenge Week 1 Thread

So I did figure out buses, which is how I used Neutron, but I think a big fail was still using individual guitar plugs on each track, and not using the bus like I did for Neutron. I was probably running 4-5 more plugs than I needed. I actually think I’m going to try reconfiguring it to have the plugs run on the bus too, which will allow me to move the individual parts into more stand alone tracks, so I can do some more level fine tuning. I had to do some really blunt leveling because I was collapsing different sections together to keep the computer running. lol

I think that will also let Ozone run capably, so I can put a little more thought into the mastering.

All part of the process I guess.
Yeah that is a good way to do it, it gives you more control over the tracks. You could do some low and high-cut on the other tracks, but let Neutron do it`s thing on the Guitar Bus, this way you dont need all the plugins. I love it, I only have a few plugins in my session, it`s clean

Some have 20 plugins in there sessions, and that might become a `problem` it`s just to much. So keep it simple

Ozone uses a lot of processing that`s for sure (y)

Last edited:
Yeah it definitely made it more cohesive but I think took about 5-10% of the dynamics out, particularly in the riffy parts, but I think the problem was I couldn’t tweak it while demoing the track because my computer was telling me “BACK OFF SPECIAL OLYMPICS BOB ROCK”

What I do like is you can let the AI do it, but then there is an advanced page that shows you the exact modules and signal chain going through them that they are using, so you can go back and either re-tweak each module, or in my case learn the approach being taken, and eventually use that as a launching point to do it yourself. For a klutz like me it’s cool to see the process at least.

Absolutely, at least you get an idea of what the target end result is aiming for!

Yeah that is a good way to do it, it gives you more control over the tracks. You could do some low and high-cut on the other tracks, but let Neutron do it`s thing on the Guitar Bus, this way you dont need all the plugins. I love it, I only have a few plugins in my session, it`s clean

Some have 20 plugins in there sessions, and that it becomes a `problem` it`s just to much. So keep it simple

Ozone uses a lot of processing that`s for sure (y)

Since I am so new at this, but have a lot of experience recording in previous mediums, I am staying 100 miles
away from the Plug-in Universe until I get a better handle on things. It's already overwhelming just learning a
DAW. More moving parts is not what I need.

Thanks for the reminder! :beer

You got 13 and 1/2 hours to get your point, Drew. :hmm

:rofl
beat the clock running GIF by andregola

Since I am so new at this, but have a lot of experience recording in previous mediums, I am staying 100 miles
away from the Plug-in Universe until I get a better handle on things. It's already overwhelming just learning a
DAW. More moving parts is not what I need.

Thanks for the reminder! :beer
Best thing to do is just record a good sound, and do a little EQ and comp and it should sound ok in the end :beer
Yeah I remember when I first started..got myself a new PC and some plugins and started recording..and it was a mess..haha.

Best thing to do is just record a good sound, and do a little EQ and comp and it should sound ok in the end :beer
Yeah I remember when I first started..got myself a new PC and some plugins and started recording..and it was a mess..haha.

Not even going to use the "Play Better Plug In" because everytime I do that fucker crashes my computer.

:idk

I hope you get to 20 guitar tracks sometime on this Challenge. I wanna hear it! :beer

You got 13 and 1/2 hours to get your point, Drew. :hmm

:rofl

I’ll get it, I finished tracking the rhythm guitars last night. Got to work at 3AM today after sleeping for about 2 hours, gonna go home and throw down a bass track and hopefully squeeze vocals in before I meet up with some friends tonight. I might actually Uber and not because I’ll be drinking, but my brain should be appropriately fried by that point!

Back