Undock your ships
And hoist your sails
This week exists
For music tales

So spin your yarns
And make your noise
We're fishin' for
Some notes ahoy!

Well I should not be in the lead, but looks like participation is pretty low this season. I have not calculated the previous season stuff into the spreadsheet, but I will hopefully set that up this coming week. In the meantime, here are the results for Season 7 after week 2 (as usual, let me know if you see I have missed something):
Season 7 Week 2 Totals
S7W2_totals.png

Here is a video summary of last weeks challenge action for those of you who were not able to tune in (that's me on the rope bridge at ~2:08):

As mentioned above, it has been a bit slow, kind of like this tumble week rolling down a fence line:

Now my mule don't like laughin', so unless you want me to have to order extra coffins, you best apologize!

PLEASE DON'T FORCE ME TO BAG THIS - I WILL NOT BE PRONOUNCING MYSELF THE WINNER OF THIS CHALLENGE AND I WILL STOP ENTERING STUFF IF I HAVE TO (and there was much rejoicing)!!!

I think that is about it! Thanks to all the participants so far!! Now get your grooves on, recruit other players, get over whatever it is that you need to get over to participate here and make some noise!!!

i_want_you_for_u-s-jpg.29046

Last edited:
OK, here is one that just fell in my lap! Been waiting for this to happen, but I think I found a set of presets that is going to spawn a whole album for me ;~)) It is the Fremen Floyd presets for the Axe FXIII ;~)) I purchased them today (3 preset packs, normally roll my own but really wanted to throw him some business, he has some medical issues and could use a boost) and this evening tried out the presets of the Floyd pack. I got to the 3rd one and said "Oooh, I really like half of these scenes, let's jam this one". And so here it is, I guess it is a #hot-noodle but it is also an original song, but I could not play it again next time exactly the same, that is for sure, so it is more of a jam than a song! Anyway, what fun! Great preset, can't wait to get the others in this and the other two collections I purchased ;~)) Oh, and the name of the Preset (it is a collection of Pink Floyd presets) is the "Comfortably Numb" preset so this song is titled "Comfortably Dumb" cuz I am comfortable with my musical dumby status ;~)) #hot-noodle

Comfortably Dumb
©October 06, 2024
ANO PUBLISHING, LLC
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
https://moondogwily.com/audio/Comfortably_Dumb_2024Oct06.mp3

ComfortablyDumb_2024Oct06_1200x1200.jpg

Last edited:
#original-song

Well, not really a song, this is just something I was writing. I quad tracked for this, two channels Caparison Horus going into Quad Cortex and two channels ESP RZK-II into a Marshall JVM410H that was routed into a Suhr Reactive Load IR I just acquired.

Call it a hot-noodle if it is not a song ;~)) Or a deep-space! Not a rule, just a suggestion! I have been looking at it like "if I can reproduce it and it has a set order" then it is a song, if it is a one off jam, with no intentional development cycle, hot noodle. Your choice, but that is how I am thinking of this. And then deep space is, well, out there! But if you are developing this as a song, then by all means, leave it as original-song!

Call it a hot-noodle if it is not a song ;~)) Or a deep-space! Not a rule, just a suggestion! I have been looking at it like "if I can reproduce it and it has a set order" then it is a song, if it is a one off jam, with no intentional development cycle, hot noodle. Your choice, but that is how I am thinking of this. And then deep space is, well, out there! But if you are developing this as a song, then by all means, leave it as original-song!

Oh, it is definitely a song, but a partial cover. I have a first half figured out, I think. Was just jamming it out.

Back