Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

=> a small Screen
=> Midi I/O PC and CC
=> no efx
=> full Kemper Amp Block Controls
=> full Kemper Cab / IR block Controls
=> full Kemper Input, Noise Gate, Clean Sense and Dist Sense controls
=> [maybe] a Global EQ ... but not necessary
=> No FSW's
=> ideally physically smaller

At a price point of something like $US450 <-> $US500.
So, in terms of hardware, add a screen and some MIDI ports and take away the footswitches?

I can only see this is adding cost, because footswitches are extremely cheap.

Take away all the EFX, which is just software that has already been developed for the DSP on the larger units, so is effectively available "for free"?

Chances are the DSP in the Kemper units is now available at a very low cost given how venerable it is, so I really don't see how the unit you are proposing can be anything other than more expensive than the Player as currently specified.

Kemper clearly don't want to each their own lunch all the while the more expensive Kemper units are still selling, so I completely get why they don't want to add too many software features to the Player, even though it has the capacity to run them.

Camplifier just takes the Monitor or Main Out XLRs as input. I have the 2x180W unit. Drives an old Marshall cab with 2 Kones. Sounds great.

So right now Kemper is looking pretty viable and not late after all to the party they started.
Dunno… used Kemper price has plummeted in the last year or so. They’ve dropped the retail price in response, and the used price has fallen even more. I hope the Player works out for them, but it may be late…

Dunno… used Kemper price has plummeted in the last year or so. They’ve dropped the retail price in response, and the used price has fallen even more. I hope the Player works out for them, but it may be late…
My best guess is the Player was released with Kempers’ eye on all the market changes. Early reactions indicators point at big success. Could be well organized hype too I suppose if I want to be crazy cynical but I’m thinking it is genuine instead.

My best guess is the Player was released with Kempers’ eye on all the market changes. Early reactions indicators point at big success. Could be well organized hype too I suppose if I want to be crazy cynical but I’m thinking it is genuine instead.
£700 and no screen so no. As is £350 or something usable £700. Kemper 2 is looooooooonnnnnggggg overdue.

The word is that that is no longer the case with liquid profiles. Using the controls on an existing profile is no longer deleterious to the authenticity of the amp character.
I never had an issue with adjusting a profile. The EQ is just like post processing EQ. Changing the gain can be decent or not depending on the profile but I have no issues with it either, in general.

Last edited:
Yeah, but quality of both the profiling and the hardware was quite off.
I don´t think the quality of Mooer profiling is off.

It gets often confused with their tone capture (present in the GE250/300), or with the Preamp Live (which was a fail, IMO, since Mooer said it would have MNRS loader and they never did).

They also have "profiles", so to speak. They are made with GE Labs app in iOS (the hardware units do not profile). Then, those profiles (called MNRS) can be loaded in the hardware units (even in the GE200 or the Preamp X2, which can be ordered for aprox 100€ through Ali..Press).

Leo Gibson has a comparison video against the Kemper... and well... the result is not bad at all.

I also think that profiling is going to be a normal feature in no time. if it can be DIYed (NAM or NeuralPi, for instance), it can be easily implemented by any brand. Five years ago (well, or whatever years ago) it was awesome to think about having IRs in cheap units. Nowadays they all have, even the cheapest.

Last edited:
player resale will be crap i bet...under 400 after a year or so used.

I don't imagine this KPP project was undertaken without a significant amount of market research. I wonder what Kemper's research shows about the proportion of customers who actually ever dip into the more advanced parameters. Maybe not many at all. If so, they may be using a more simplified version of the UI catering to their target market.

I like being able to tweak those things but I am not really the target for this device I guess. If I wanted one - for easy portability - I would want it to reproduce the results obtained on the other products in the range. Perhaps that is what will be offered by the updgrade discussed.

I don't imagine this KPP project was undertaken without a significant amount of market research. I wonder what Kemper's research shows about the proportion of customers who actually ever dip into the more advanced parameters. Maybe not many at all. If so, they may be using a more simplified version of the UI catering to their target market.

I like being able to tweak those things but I am not really the target for this device I guess. If I wanted one - for easy portability - I would want it to reproduce the results obtained on the other products in the range. Perhaps that is what will be offered by the updgrade discussed.
seriously? A profiler player that doesn't let you adjust advanced parameters? I see no point to swap this for tonex if that's the case.
What I wanna know is can you adjust it on the editor or is that a no go either

yea but 750.00? TOO much! 399 sounds about right.. dont get why companies want to sell less units at a higher price then more units at a lower price?

Back