Free yourselves from the chains of this mortal coil

eggpl@nt

Roadie
Tag started a thread at TOP looking for a simple, at-home wireless solution for playing guitar. I perused it a bit, and saw some love the Lekato products, specifically their UHB WS-70 (link; generic, no secret sauce). They're running $35 at the moment, so I figured, why not? I have the Yahamah WL 500 wireless headphones, let's add wireless guitar to this scenario.

This is my first experience with a wireless guitar system, so take this with a grain of salt, but MAN THIS IS SO COOL! I'm playing guitar with no cables, and the latency is a total nonissue. Honestly, it seems to still be within my "imperceptible" threshold (granted, I have a notoriously slow brain).

I just wanted to give these a shout out since they're on sale now, and they seem to be solid for this use case. I've played for a couple hours with no dropouts, bumps, or bruises. The only slight annoyance is that crackling undertone that has always been present with these Yamahas.

FWIW, it seems a few users over there are gigging with these, so they could be interesting even for the gigging among us.

Tag started a thread at TOP looking for a simple, at-home wireless solution for playing guitar. I perused it a bit, and saw some love the Lekato products, specifically their UHB WS-70 (link; generic, no secret sauce). They're running $35 at the moment, so I figured, why not? I have the Yahamah WL 500 wireless headphones, let's add wireless guitar to this scenario.

This is my first experience with a wireless guitar system, so take this with a grain of salt, but MAN THIS IS SO COOL! I'm playing guitar with no cables, and the latency is a total nonissue. Honestly, it seems to still be within my "imperceptible" threshold (granted, I have a notoriously slow brain).

I just wanted to give these a shout out since they're on sale now, and they seem to be solid for this use case. I've played for a couple hours with no dropouts, bumps, or bruises. The only slight annoyance is that crackling undertone that has always been present with these Yamahas.

FWIW, it seems a few users over there are gigging with these, so they could be interesting even for the gigging among us.

Watch out, man, someone here is going to hook you up to some lab equipment to start measuring your brain latency!

Ordered so eggy and I can compare our brain latencies and find out who's yolk is more fried.

I have a Lekato 5ghz (using it right now actually), the Relay G10 2.4ghz, and bought a UHF from another brand on SDOTD. The G10 is getting old, the 5ghz Lekato works great when my desktop is hardwired to the internet (we use the 5ghz band for Wi-Fi) and the SDOTD UHF boosts the signal by 10db, making it useless for guitar.

If this one works well I'll have all options met, because that matters to my latent brain.

lol, I have the 5.8ghz system (2 pairs), they work flawlessly, and yet, that UHF system intrigues me.

lol, I have the 5.8ghz system (2 pairs), they work flawlessly, and yet, that UHF system intrigues me.
My thinking is that if there's too much traffic on one frequency, switch to another one with a different frequency. Too much interference there? Switch to UHF. That's not working, grab a cable. I need a reliable backup for my backup for my backup's backup.

Watch out, man, someone here is going to hook you up to some lab equipment to start measuring your brain latency!
giphy.gif

Got mine in today. Anyone else actually like the sound from their guitar through this thing? Massive attenuation of high end :poop:

Is the 5.8gHz Lekato better than the UHF? I’ve been eyeing these up for minimizing cable clutter when playing around the house but at the $60 price point I assume it’s…well…garbage.

Is the 5.8gHz Lekato better than the UHF? I’ve been eyeing these up for minimizing cable clutter when playing around the house but at the $60 price point I assume it’s…well…garbage.
I got the WS-50 about a week ago, and have about 6 hours of playing time so far on the first charge.

So far I have not had any interface or noise issues and am completely satisfied with its performance and price point.

Got mine in today. Anyone else actually like the sound from their guitar through this thing? Massive attenuation of high end :poop:
I just did some swap testing, and yeah I notice a tonal difference. It’s noticeable but not crazy. Definitely good to keep in mind though.

Back