Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

Edit: Speaking of the QC, I hate that I keep checking SW to see if they still have a black/gold in stock...
If you have any interest in trying it again, I'd snag the LE. Once it goes out of stock and it you decide it isn't for you and to resell, you might actually make all your money back and maybe then some!

Not to me. I'm new to the digital realm so when I think of not being transparent with your product, I think of the QC

To me, Kemper are being very non transparent with the Player. Don't outright state it doesn't do profiling, vague and untrue SW page (take your plugins on the go! Vs full fledged kemper on your board!), and hey maybe there will be additional features to get you to the above statement on our sales page but maybe not! Guessing is half the fun!
OK, I see the comparison in general (although it’s harder for me to see Kemper as having been non- transparent, simply because it’s in my nature to read the fine print FIRST lol.)

What I don’t see is the specific comparison re: QCs alleged plug-in path. People always knew that that was going to cost… the price of the plug-in(s).

If you have any interest in trying it again, I'd snag the LE. Once it goes out of stock and it you decide it isn't for you and to resell, you might actually make all your money back and maybe then some!
I need someone to push me away from a purchase, not toward one lol

I need someone to push me away from a purchase, not toward one lol
first time GIF

One of the bazillion differences for me is Kemper earned their OG place at the table. The other one; um not so much :poop::bag:rofl
Meh (and you know I hate the word “meh”), what does “OG status” do for me?

I also don’t drive a Model T Ford. Legendary automotive and industrial achievement. None of what I need.

, I see the comparison in general (although it’s harder for me to see Kemper as having been non- transparent, simply because it’s in my nature to read the fine print FIRST lol.)
Agreed, but this also makes me a little more frustrated as it's such a deviation from what they have stood for.

As far as the fine print. I don't see anywhere in the manual or any print where it specifically says it doesn't create profiles. Yeah you could figure it out on your own but imo they need to make it more clear

It's not about a bad name, it's about a misleading name. Sweetwater even says...

View attachment 16284
I don't believe for a minute Sweetwater was confused.
I don't think Kemper ever advertised that 'full fledged Kemper' designation. Kemper pointed out the differences in every thing I saw them say about it.
For someone to construct that sentence required knowledge of what a 'full fledged Kemper' is and a calculation of how the two things compare. The potential for any difference is the whole point of the sentence. The data used to formulate that statement was pulled from Mitch's ass, not Kemper.

Agreed, but this also makes me a little more frustrated as it's such a deviation from what they have stood for.

As far as the fine print. I don't see anywhere in the manual or any print where it specifically says it doesn't create profiles. Yeah you could figure it out on your own but imo they need to make it more clear
You’re absolutely right. Truth is, none of the fine print I’ve read has been their own (because I’m not sufficiently motivated by the product at this point); it’s been word of mouth here at TGF.

This product IMO is exactly what people were asking for , it is a little late to the market but I have seen this request for years with exact statements like
“I don’t give a crap about the profiling feature, I don’t plan on profiling any amps, just give me a player “

They have done just that at $650
And also provided a portable solution to existing users that want to carry a small box on fly gigs
Jam on the bus or in hotel rooms etc , it’s a good product for many

This product IMO is exactly what people were asking for , it is a little late to the market but I have seen this request for years with exact statements like
“I don’t give a crap about the profiling feature, I don’t plan on profiling any amps, just give me a player “

They have done just that at $650
And also provided a portable solution to existing users that want to carry a small box on fly gigs
Jam on the bus or in hotel rooms etc , it’s a good product for many
It’s true. I have, more than once, said that I would pay this much for a pedal that just played the one profile block (.kipr file). Of course, times/ needs/ alternatives change… This would have been top of my list a few years ago.

Back