Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

If 80% of Kemper users don’t actually profile and simply use it as a ‘player’ then turning the new Player into everything the older units offer except ability to profile you effectively reduce 80% of all future sales to be permanently discounted by around 65%.

If it was your company would you do that?

Last edited:
If 80% of Kemper users don’t actually profile and simply use it as a ‘player’ then turning the new Player into everything the older units offer except ability to profile you effectively reduce 80% of all future sales to be permanently discounted by around 65%.

Listen, I don't think anyone is going to change people's minds here lol

Glad you are looking forward to it!

why would I need to "do the company justice?"

I think i was clear AF...sell hardware, add feature, charge extra and I'm not the target audience. End of story.

It's rather amusing to see reactions on fora which companies get slammed fir the smallest thing while others can't do no wrong.
Priceless
why wouldn’t you?

Thnx for framing my constructive remark as amusing, and coming from a brand fanatic..very friendly!

why wouldn’t you?

Thnx for framing my constructive remark as amusing, and coming from a brand fanatic..very friendly!
how am I a brand fanatic?
And again what do I owe Kemper? I basically said this move makes me not their target audience..

As fir brand fanatic...none of the digital stuff is like my Marshalls.
They are more convenient.

I'm the brand fanatic when folks think guys that run small companies need defending...
I have and am using Fractal, Atomic, Tobex, Neural, UAFX stuff and more Digi stuff and was willing to check that Kemper...but i already said what needed dating.
On top just like with Fractal the same applies to Kemper Maddison Square Bedroom or the pub down the street ain't my use case. .

So try to piss some one your size off...

A work in progress, but a TGF receptiveness flow chart in the making…

Positive
  • Fractal
  • Line 6 (Minus JCM800)
  • Mesa
  • Marshall (Minus pricing in the states)
  • Friedman (Minus La Szum)
  • Synergy
  • ENGL
  • Strymon
Meme Reaction GIF

Rage
  • Neural DSP
  • GearTuber’s not named Leon Todd or John Cordy
  • Meris pedals with the bubble menus
  • Chase Bliss
  • Fender digital products
  • Universal Audio pedals
rage GIF

Meh
  • Anything by Boss that is not a 30 year old stomp box
  • Everything else that is not covered above
Bored Married With Children GIF

This isn’t some old random 3rd party device.
HOMIE, YOU JUST DESIGNED and RELEASED THIS. :ROFLMAO:

I still think this will probably be cool for some people embedded in their ecosystem, I just don’t see this expanding their reach.
Aren’t you simply supporting the line of reasoning that it was never meant to be a smaller equal or better Stage or Toaster?
Of course he understands what is and isn’t in the design/box. Yes some of his team is tossing around the idea of what they might be able to do beyond its original design. I think it was primarily designed for pedalboard users to replace Iridium’s etc on their boards and introduce more people to Kempers uses in general.

Last edited:

for 4-500 dollars it would be worth a try but 750?
No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Aren’t you simply supporting the line of reasoning that it was never meant to be a smaller better Stage or Toaster?
Of course he understands what is and isn’t in the design/box. Yes some of his team is tossing around the idea of what they might be able to do beyond its original design. I think it was primarily designed for pedalboard users to replace Iridium’s etc on their boards and introduce more people to Kempers uses in general.
The more I think about it..the harder it gets to understand..
If it was meant to be an amp in a box only…what’s the combi of monitor out/foh doing there if you can’t place your time efx in a loop?
If it’s meant to use internal time efx…the choice to limit those rubs the wrong way.

Doesnt work as a Swiss Army knife on your board either cause of no loop / limited efx.

I can’t get it no further than a pricy amp in a box, where the option to run it stand alone with limited fx should be worth the price versus Tonex for example.

Personally…It won’t make my main rig if it doesn’t do my fav delays/global eq…or..the other option…integrates with my analog board as an efx unit. I delayed digital purchases anticipating a 3 knob Kemper..cause I love my toaster…and prefer one ecosystem…but I’m afraid until they offer either a loop…or the full enchilada of efx…I’m sitting this one out…

So why the f%ck does it say "Profiler" in big letters on the front ?

Deliberately "bait'y" marketing (?) -or- an acknowledgement that one of the future paid-upgrade options will be an add-on-hardware-box that allows you to add profiling to the player (?)

However .... the lack-off / missing Amp deep-editing parameters is a *very big* neutering from an Amp tweaking perspective.

Ben

for 4-500 dollars it would be worth a try but 750?
No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
I don’t think you understand the question, but you get a cookie for the Aaahrnold gif!
It is for sale, some people will get it. Some don’t and won’t.

and in that vein….is there a Tuco gif? …because I definitely need to ‘Stop. Helping.’

I was kinda wondering that. No modeler vendor has to my knowledge made any expansion capabilities to their units beyond adding footcontrollers.

It would be neat to buy some extension I/O box for this stuff that you leave at home when you don't need all that and bring a more compact unit. Now that means you have two modelers.
"I just don't quite have room for the extra XLR jack for this gig"

Back