Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

That's not really that simple imo. What if I change them around.

"That's right, I switched a 5150 to red and then added the Friedman to Purple"

I don't think adding a tiny display is too much to ask
I guess having terrible eyesight comes in handy fir me here.
None of this stuff on the floor i can see well.

That said, what’s the worst thing that happens when you momentarily kick in the wrong patch.
Toward the end of my AxeFx2 days the MFC1 kept going comatose, so going from a clean Funk gtr sound to gain lead tone i had to mess with the rack with one hand while soling with the other.

I mean hitting the wrong tone is likely less distracting for the listener than bum nites and shaky pocket which we are all guilty if at times.

That's not really that simple imo. What if I change them around.

"That's right, I switched a 5150 to red and then added the Friedman to Purple"

I don't think adding a tiny display is too much to ask

I'm honestly drawing a blank...is there any recent digital device that doesn't have some sort of display? It just seems a step back

I’m not opposed to the idea of a screen… but I could also say if you’re hunting around your device in the middle of a show trying to figure out where your amp is then you are not as prepared for your gig as you should be. That should never happen in a live show

I’m not opposed to the idea of a screen… but I could also say if you’re hunting around your device in the middle of a show trying to figure out where your amp is then you are not as prepared for your gig as you should be. That should never happen in a live show
Sure, I don't disagree with that.

I think my biggest bummer is the lack of effects compared to the big units tbh.

Gaspman is on it, 5 posts in a row over there , will this be the rig that does it?
Proud I Did It GIF by myHQ

Last edited:
Agreed. Rather foolish IMHO.

Every other major modeler allows the user to determine the order.:wat

Kemper still stuck with fixed order. . ANOTHER reason my Stage sits in the closet.

I found it very limiting, reckon I've been spoiled by Fractal and Helix. Thank goodness.:banana

Not to mention that Rig Manager sux, was always glitching on me and hanging, needed to continuously close and reopen, which would cause everything I had done to become lost. Very frustrating. Vastly prefer Fractal and Helix GUIs, much more stable.:love

YMMV.
You do get that, since years ago, you can put any effect in any slot, no matter what it is called?

but I could also say if you’re hunting around your device in the middle of a show trying to figure out where your amp is then you are not as prepared for your gig as you should be.

That's why I said a screen probably wouldn't be important for live useage, as long as you can still finetune certain relevant parameters (which should work just fine). But personally, I would also just like to use something like this as a recording device *not* requiring an editor - which, at least to me, has always been one of the strengths of a Kemper.
I'm absolutely fine using an editor for several things, but once I'm in playing, recording or "just fool around" mood, I rather touch my mouse as little as possible. I already learned to operate Logic pretty much mouse-free when recording for the very same reasons. Don't want to get back to any mouse menu diving just because of a modeler.

Ouch, get well soon you guys. ❤️

I was down with Covid a month ago (first time for me) and it wasn't fun. Make sure to get some rest, stay hydrated, and take your meds if needed. All the best 🤞
Much appreciated! First time for me, and yeah, I’ve been laid up for 3 days now. Kind of amazed I went this long without catching it; kind of annoyed to have finally dropped the ball.

The stuff is everywhere right now. Keep your guards up, folks. Do NOT tolerate close talkers!

3f26fe780d60943d2b11dad8e87f53ad.jpg

Fwiw, doesn't seem to offer parameter locking. Guess that's the final nail in the coffin for me to render it a hard pass.
That would be concerning and might be an oversight. Being able to load a succession of rig profiles while retaining the current FX setup is an obviously desirable feature used by anyone with a KPA which could be reinstated by using some key combination in an update.

Did you look at the "Load type" section?
Under that heading:
Select a new effect type, followed by “Load Type”. This effectively locks all parameter settings, e.g., Mix 50% and
Ducking +0.5, so that only the effect algorithm itself changes. This works in contrast to choosing another preset or
“Load Defaults”, both of which overwrite the former parameter settings.
“Load Type” will often make the choice of effect algorithms easier: for example, you can make a dedicated setting for
a phaser effect, and then test out how a flanger sounds with same settings. This means you can check the different
impact of these two algorithms without having to worry about matching the modulation amounts
This would appear to be a feature of OS 11 which is the version that is coming with the new device. This actually adds a new smarter approach to the FX setup and may generalise to the other units. I can't see why they would add this and take away the Lock effect setting option.

It is possible that they want you to use "Load Type" just for the stack section of a Rig and that would retain all other settings - so, potentially, "Lock FX" by another means.

Last edited:
My buddy has a Kemper Toaster and I have d!cked around with it a little, and I actually like the form of this better. TBH, I would seriously think of adding this in my Stomp XL loop to add some amps I didn't think the Stomp did well.

Fortunately, Line 6 released 3.7 last month and saved me some money. I don't really see a need now that we have the update with the updated 2203. If 3.7 update happened 4-6 months from now, I would probably have picked up a used one in that $500 range.

What a dreadful design. Hard pass.
CK is really attached to the “bazillion tiny LEDs” approach. All the Kemper’s look like crazy Lite Brite experiments. I find it’s a little fatiguing after a while. (Some of the more complex Digitech designs had the same issue; and EHX will sometimes dabble as well.)

In this whole “would a screen have helped or hindered” debate, it’s worth considering that even a tiny LCD display might have obviated the need for some of those discrete LEDs.

At this point it’s clear that Kemper wants their products to be unified in look and feel, but sometimes I think they’re just a little too committed to the bit. The Stage was most glaring in this regard (though I’m sure a lot of people love it.) “We’re going to release a floor processor for the first time, but instead of taking this opportunity to rethink the UI for the new application, we’ll just turn our existing UI sideways and squish it like a pancake.” :D

Back