Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

The two LEDs above the Bank button are supposed to show which Bank you're on.

They messed this up.
Even Crayola has their stuff line up per the rainbow order.

af9989140aba3f1a46c8eaec34e469c6.jpg

Should've been 1 red, 2 orange, 3 yellow, 4 green, 5 blue.

disappointed. why did they once again do such a rigid effects placement topology. my nerves.
Agreed. Rather foolish IMHO.

Every other major modeler allows the user to determine the order.:wat

Kemper still stuck with fixed order. . ANOTHER reason my Stage sits in the closet.

I found it very limiting, reckon I've been spoiled by Fractal and Helix. Thank goodness.:banana

Not to mention that Rig Manager sux, was always glitching on me and hanging, needed to continuously close and reopen, which would cause everything I had done to become lost. Very frustrating. Vastly prefer Fractal and Helix GUIs, much more stable.:love

YMMV.

Memorizing some arbitrary color combo so you can then memorize what you have associated with some arbitrary color combo?!
I think my mistaken interpretation works a lot better. ‘Bank is numbered by the actual ‘number’ below the singularly lit LED. ‘
#Kemper update that firmware, the idea is yours for free, lol

That bank/rig indicating thing is another contender for a "let's just come up with a stupid UI decision" contest.
Save 50 bucks in parts and ditch a display and the kickass original encoders. Way to go.

1703101403005.png

I don't get what these in-between LEDs do... do they just stay off most of the time, only to turn on for when you use the tuner or change FX parameters? And what of the LEDs above the Tap/Tuner button?

And why does the LED above the Rig buttons need to light up anyway when the Rig buttons themselves light up...?

Hm... would be nice to see a video of someone using the thing.
That bank/rig indicating thing is another contender for a "let's just come up with a stupid UI decision" contest.
Save 50 bucks in parts and ditch a display and the kickass original encoders. Way to go.
I wouldn't want this thing with a screen added, would make it bigger than what I'd want. Light-up LEDs around most encoders would've been nice though, instead of just the gain knob.

Attachments

• 1703101178263.png
    1703101178263.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 5
Ok, lets all be honest here, how many people had to Google colors of the rainbow to figure out what "I" stands for?
I know how to say the word, but doesn't mean I know the color when I see it...
It seems to vary from way blue to way purple depending on who you ask, what the context is, what the material is made of, etc. So who knows...
1703101999012.png

the kemper fand will buy it cause its kemper..but many think the price is silly and layout lame for 2024. looks like a honda car stereo from 1990

It's like you people never used UV-vis spectrometer before or something. They should have just included a little three digit numerical display with the wavelength of the color associated with the chosen bank. Super easy. Everyone knowns 500 = bank 4.

the kemper fand will buy it cause its kemper..but many think the price is silly and layout lame for 2024. looks like a honda car stereo from 1990
Idk if it's just subliminal messaging at this point but are Kempers still "the studio standard" for digital gear?

Back