Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

I know how to say the word, but doesn't mean I know the color when I see it...
It seems to vary from way blue to way purple depending on who you ask, what the context is, what the material is made of, etc. So who knows...
View attachment 16131
Homer Simpson Nerd GIF

View attachment 16129
I don't get what these in-between LEDs do... do they just stay off most of the time, only to turn on for when you use the tuner or change FX parameters? And what of the LEDs above the Tap/Tuner button?

And why does the LED above the Rig buttons need to light up anyway when the Rig buttons themselves light up...?

Hm... would be nice to see a video of someone using the thing.

I wouldn't want this thing with a screen added, would make it bigger than what I'd want. Light-up LEDs around most encoders would've been nice though, instead of just the gain knob.
Guessing for the tuner?

I wouldn't want this thing with a screen added, would make it bigger than what I'd want.

Nah, there'd be space for a small screen as is. That'd defenitely be sufficient. Could even be a bit smaller.
kemper profiler player – Google Suche.jpg

Edit: fwiw, that's pretty much exactly the width of an HX Stomp display.

Last edited:
Cool unit!…but I’m not gonna bite until they roll out a global EQ in a FW update…i plug into too many type of cabs/amps to wanna go without it.….keeping fingers crossed

You might be able to run just a single overdrive (no amp/cab) only after activating the global EQ, though. Just ask at NDSP.

Just curious - is the app iPad/iPhone only?
"RigManager: Unprecedented full remote app control of the Player on every relevant computer platform:Mac, PC, Android tablet, Android phone, Kindle Fire, Apple iPad, Apple iPhone.
Extended Rig management and access to 20.000 user-generated Rigs by Rig Manager on Mac and PC."

You can look down and see what bank and rig you’re on. The LEDs tell you all of that
That's not really that simple imo. What if I change them around.

"That's right, I switched a 5150 to red and then added the Friedman to Purple"

I don't think adding a tiny display is too much to ask

I'm honestly drawing a blank...is there any recent digital device that doesn't have some sort of display? It just seems a step back

Last edited:
Back