Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

We still get ToneJunkie putting out seventeen 20' minutes videos about the announcement but... yeah. I kinda respect how Kemper never went full influencer to launch products.

I respect Kemper and all the players that use it, just like any other gear and their users, but it just blows my mind why this guy would say he would "wayyyyy rather use a Kemper player rather than use the HX Stomp"

Atleast for my use case, I just can't see how I could let go of the Stomp in favour of a Kemper profile player.

I respect Kemper and all the players that use it, just like any other gear and their users, but it just blows my mind why this guy would say he would "wayyyyy rather use a Kemper player rather than use the HX Stomp"

Atleast for my use case, I just can't see how I could let go of the Stomp in favour of a Kemper profile player.

I have to imagine he makes more money selling Kemper profiles than HX Presets

I could see that if I had a bunch of profiles that my playing would depend on. No idea which those might be (as I don't own a Kemper) but still.

And I could possibly as well see that in case I permanently wanted quick parameter access straight on the unit (which is actually something in fact floating my boat...). Adjusting amp settings (and also pretty much any other block types) on the HX Stomp is a pain (and pretty much without reason, could be *way* improved easily). With the Kemper Player that should be much more enjoyable (even if they missed out so miserably on the endless pots /w LED rings).

He likes his amp profiles and prefers Kemper wet effects over HX ones.

How can you call yourself a Tone Junkie when you only go for the exact same fucking hackeneyed cranked combo tone every single video you make for your yewtewbs?? Koffouttahere.
Chris Farley Flirting GIF

Man, that bank indication thing has got to be the most stupid thing ever. 10 banks and once you miss one (which is easy due to the utterly horrible color coding) you need to cycle through all of them once again. Whomever designed that needs to be sent to a UI-design-101 crash course. Or just fired straight away.
I agree, what a mess. It had so much potential.

Man, that bank indication thing has got to be the most stupid thing ever. 10 banks and once you miss one (which is easy due to the utterly horrible color coding) you need to cycle through all of them once again. Whomever designed that needs to be sent to a UI-design-101 crash course. Or just fired straight away.
Certainly far from ideal, but you can according to the manual hold the Bank button, then I think press one of the Rig buttons to directly select between banks 1-5.

So if you are at say bank 7, wanted to go to 9 but accidentally end up at 10, you can hold Bank, press Rig 5, then click around again instead of having to tap the Bank button a ton of times.

IMO it would make more sense if the functionality was "Press bank once or twice to enter bank 1-5/6-10 selection, press Rig 1-5 to select bank, hold Bank to cancel". That makes any bank selection at most 2-3 button presses away, instead of anything from 1-10 presses.

Last edited:
Certainly far from ideal, but you can according to the manual hold the Bank button, then I think press one of the Rig buttons to directly select between banks 1-5.

So if you are at say bank 7, wanted to go to 9 but accidentally end up at 10, you can hold Bank, press Rig 5, then click around again instead of having to tap the Bank button a ton of times.

IMO it would make more sense if the functionality was "Press bank once or twice to enter bank 1-5/6-10 selection, press Rig 1-5 to select bank, hold Bank to cancel".
Ar.. aren... aren't..... aren't you the "workflow" guy??

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

IMO it would make more sense if the functionality was "Press bank once or twice to enter bank 1-5/6-10 selection, press Rig 1-5 to select bank, hold Bank to cancel". That makes any bank selection at most 2-3 button presses away, instead of anything from 1-10 presses.
Fun for all ages! ;)

images

This!

Yeah I take everything back. :ROFLMAO:

That’s clunky as hell.

I again feel like Kemper is a bit late to the game with this thing. Just like the Stage would have been ace if it came out a year or two earlier, this has the same problem. People have been asking for something like this for many years already.

Whichever of the bigger modeler makers makes something similar, with a little touchscreen (3.5" like on my Luminite M1 is more than enough) is going to trounce this.

In that video above when he cranked the gain on the AC20 model, it sounded terrible and IMO nothing like a real amp like that would. It sounded fine when it was closer to how it was captured originally.

….
In that video above when he cranked the gain on the AC20 model, it sounded terrible and IMO nothing like a real amp like that would. It sounded fine when it was closer to how it was captured originally.
If you look at how far he pushed the gain and look at his interface as the camera pans back you can see that was user error not profile limitation. I think he was pushing the input of his interface beyond reasonable levels.
There is a downside to amature ‘influencers’ being the first to put out demo videos. What people should remember, we already know what a Kemper sounds like, the Player isn’t going to sound worse or better. Limited in the effects but the ‘Stack’ is going to sound the same in isolation. And all Kempers can be used in a less than optimal fashion or sound really really good.

Back