Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

Much appreciated! First time for me, and yeah, I’ve been laid up for 3 days now. Kind of amazed I went this long without catching it; kind of annoyed to have finally dropped the ball.

The stuff is everywhere right now. Keep your guards up, folks. Do NOT tolerate close talkers!

3f26fe780d60943d2b11dad8e87f53ad.jpg
Get better soon, you too @Sascha Franck!! My wife was up all night coughing, sore throat, etc, and this morning, I woke up with a cough. I hope this is just a cold...

@ mbenigni
Yep. And those bright LEDs on a Kemper Stage make it very hard to read the white text on the dark green background if you are not a teenager. You get dazzled by the luminosity of the LEDs while trying to see the fine white writing in dull room light. A backlit screen would be much easier to read.

First time for me, and yeah, I’ve been laid up for 3 days now. Kind of amazed I went this long without catching it; kind of annoyed to have finally dropped the ball.

Exactly the same here. Even with playing out, dealing with kids and what not, it didn't catch me until these days. Been 3 really bad days so far - I'm feeling quite a bit better today, but the test is still very, very dark red, so I'm by now starting to think about xmas. We're supposed to travel to my stepparents in just two days - can't see that happening for me in case things are not getting considerably better.
Right now I'm isolating myself in our appartment, quite tough, haven't seen my boys for 3 days already - just in video calls, even if they're just 3 meters away.

Well, that's a very different thing and pretty much only affecting patch building. I want the lock parameter function to make global edits sort of possible in a live playing context.
Yes and that is how I use the KPA most of the time - eg with my verb/delay/mod/compressor etc settings locked.

Exactly the same here. Even with playing out, dealing with kids and what not, it didn't catch me until these days. Been 3 really bad days so far - I'm feeling quite a bit better today, but the test is still very, very dark red, so I'm by now starting to think about xmas. We're supposed to travel to my stepparents in just two days - can't see that happening for me in case things are not getting considerably better.
Right now I'm isolating myself in our appartment, quite tough, haven't seen my boys for 3 days already - just in video calls, even if they're just 3 meters away.
Same with my family. And the timing truly sucks. (Though it’s no coincidence: I caught this crap at an office Christmas party.)

I’m hoping to get enough energy today to do something heroic like walk to the kitchen and sort out some Christmas gifts… but then again, I’m not sure I should be breathing all over them. :D

Are you on the Paxlovid Sascha - strongly recommend anyone suffering Covid to get on a course ASAP.

The milder course of the disease for those taking the antivirals has been shown to be better for long term health consequences - eg elevated inflammatory markers post covid etc

Are you on the Paxlovid Sascha - strongly recommend anyone suffering Covid to get on a course ASAP.

Can't get Paxlovid here without prescription. And I might not get that very prescription before the weekend anymore.
Edit: Fwiw, very unlikely I'd get a prescription anyway. I'm not a high risk patient by any means (pretty fit, triple vaccination, no other health issues at all) and that seems to be a requirement.

Can't get Paxlovid here without prescription. And I might not get that very prescription before the weekend anymore.
Edit: Fwiw, very unlikely I'd get a prescription anyway. I'm not a high risk patient by any means (pretty fit, triple vaccination, no other health issues at all) and that seems to be a requirement.
Yeah, I guess it depends on the diktats of the local politicians who manage health. In Australia, the drug is available to all with positive tests and you can make a Covid plan with your doctor in advance. You don't have to attend, just contact the surgery and they will send a script to your local pharmacy stat. Perhaps you can get it if you want but maybe without subsidies.

I always liked all the LEDs on the Stage. Easy to see everything I need on a dark stage, and feels a lot like a pedalboard. Plus I loved having access to information like my signal chain while something else was showing on the screen.
I understand their usefulness - it is just that indoors or at night they are much brighter than the fine white text screen printed on the chassis of your device. I find the same with most FX pedals with LEDs - some of those blue LEDs look like they are bright enough to give the susceptible migraines. Once they are shining, I cannot read the labels under the pots.

I don't know whether to be grateful or depressed: my age and weight are such that they offered it right up. :/

Kemper Player seems a bit cheaper in Finland than the original 799 € that was listed. 698 € instead, which is only a bit more than HX Stomp.

Back