Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

I can’t help how people read what I post but I haven’t ever posted that Fractal gear is crap and haven’t ever since I got a Standard in early 2000’s and played one. If people find my past of poking fun at fanboys sucking FAS ass and not thinking the FAS gear is the end all be all as “he’d doesn’t own one or would” then that’s just silly. That’s all I’ve ever done and that by no means means I wouldn’t own a piece of gear. That’s like I wouldn’t drive a Porsche because some asshole down the street has one. That’s just stupid. Now if I think a Porsche is not a good car or not the best for what I need it for then yes I may not own one or maybe I would because I do find it useful or more rare occasions but not for everything.

What people read into things they read here or at “the place not be mentioned” is on them but I will correct the record if you start saying shit about me that’s not true about what I’ve said

Settle down, Beavis, no need to throw down the wool gloves on the playground. :rofl

Settle down, Beavis, no need to throw down the wool gloves on the playground. :rofl
Lol! I’m mad. Nahhhh just killing time on a gear forum and speaking my mind on gear and other things that I’m directly talked to about is all I’m doing. No reason to be upset about that. If my direct manor with some creative animated middle finger humor makes you think I’m angry then all I can say is not even close. There’s so many other things in this world to get upset about but things going on here aren’t in the same universe.

Last edited:
Sometimes I miss them as well, because I’ll wander into a thread where someone’s tagged me or quoted me and I don’t recall seeing the notifications, but sometimes I go away for a couple hours and come back to 45 notifications, so I don’t know if I’M missing them or it’s the software buggin’ out.
For me it wasn't in the list of notifications at all.

Sometimes I miss them as well, because I’ll wander into a thread where someone’s tagged me or quoted me and I don’t recall seeing the notifications, but sometimes I go away for a couple hours and come back to 45 notifications, so I don’t know if I’M missing them or it’s the software buggin’ out.

Yes, in this case it's not there, if I go back and look at all notifications and the time it was entered. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How many posts does it take to go from being excited about a new modeler to deciding it's complete and utter shit?

Owl GIF by Zack Kantor
This many. :bonk

Wow.

I seem to recall old CK saying back in the teens that Ke,per was NEVER gonna do that.

But here we are. Too bad it wasn't 5 years ago, I might have bought it. But I have a brand new Stage sitting in the closet because my FM3 & FM9 blows it away.

Exiting thread...:chef

remember myself posting (on the other side) about a kemper "player" product with this exact feature set - it would have been a dream come true 5 years ago for me.

had 4 kempers (3 toaster + 1 stage) all sold now. not sure whether I need this or not.

Price seems to be on the steep side TBH. Lack of any display is quite a deal breaker for me.

prolly wait for the exchange rate in favor for me, and grab one plus kemper kone which I have always been curious about.

Never had a Kemper and never been interested, but this looks great and if I found that amount of change hidden in the sofa I'd definitely try one.

The screen-less design with what apparently is a well-liked app is exactly why I want Fractal to do that FM0 thingy (but with far less controls -- I basically want a box of chips running Fractal magic with FM3 I/O.....)

I don’t think Fractal really gets the whole “fit it on your pedalboard” thing, at least with this generation. Both the FM3 and FM9 are pretty huge.

But I also think this goes along with their ethos, which often seems like “why would you need anything else other than our models and effects.”

TBF, I think the FM9 is intended more as an all-in-one solution and not a ”throw me on a board with your favorite pedals” thing.

While I don’t have an FM3, my FC6 pedalboard is still smaller than any pedalboard with actual pedals or pedals + MIDI footswitch ever was. My FM9 is actually on my old pedalboard now and I made a new, smaller one because the old one is too big.

Back