Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

The challenge live that I can see from the manual , you can go back a rig or fwd , but you can’t select unless you bend down and press the 1-5 rigs buttons
So you could have clean 1
Crunch 2 , HiGain 3 , solo 4
But you can’t get back to clean
Unless you click back through the
HiGain , crunch
That would get annoying quick
Unless you can set the 3 buttons to just do 3 rigs

The challenge live that I can see from the manual , you can go back a rig or fwd , but you can’t select unless you bend down and press the 1-5 rigs buttons
HiGain , crunch
Is it possible to hook up the Kemper controller to it? I know that's not idea and again, at that point just buy a stage

disappointed. why did they once again do such a rigid effects placement topology. my nerves. 2 blocks pre-amp and 2 blocks post. How does that add any value. If they made it more flexible then even all the kemper guys would buy the junior model.

Last edited:
I was asking for this years ago right after buying my first Kemper and realizing I don't have a motive to profile my amps because there are already many great ones available.
I put my Stage and Kone cab up for sale a couple days ago and was having sellers remorse yesterday when someone texted about it.
So when this hit today I edited the listing to be Stage only. Going to keep the cab for the Player.

For me, in my years long quest for a portable desk top type player with USB interface, midi, stereo, decent effects of at least mod, reverb, delay, compressor this is the Goldilocks box.

Tonex pedal sounds great but interface (editor) is an abomination, not just bad...absolutely horrific... and it needs delay and better reverb. Sold it
Boss IR-2 sent it back day one.
Atomic Amps firebox MkII. sounds great but no USB, a little bit fiddly but keeping it because...well because I like stuff...
Bought a GT1000 core, for second time a week ago because it technically can do it all. I'll keep it at least until the Kemper Player gets a chance to make it irrelevant.
The list goes on but you get the point. I ordered one a few minutes ago.
I know a lot of people are seeing this as too little too late but for me this is 'just right'.

HiGain , crunch
I saw the 5 buttons and assumed it would be like the Stage where you can set up 'performances' and can hit any one of them.
If I put it on the floor I'm going to have it on a board with a midi controller like the Luminite Graviton M1 or a Morningstar MC6 etc.

(Clears throat)
FM0 or GTFO (TM @JiveTurkey)

Portland Trail Blazers Nba GIF by ESPN

HiGain , crunch

That’s the default footswitch settings. You can also set each footswitch to select specific rigs or effects. You can also program functions for pressing 1+2 and 2+3 so you could technically access rigs 1-5 with the 3 footswitches

I’m really confused about the price complaints…

UA amp pedals are just amps and cost $399
Friedman IR-X is just an amp and cost $499

GT-1000CORE is $599
HX Stomp is $649

This is $689

What did everyone expect?
Folks have self imposed limits... I got 7 Uafx pedals and don't mind their price, this I'd get for 500, any more no thanks.

And for the real comparison, it's twice the price of Tonex which let's you profile and comes with software to use as plug on computer and ipad.

And that's before we get into accuracy.

I'm sure in a few month I find one for 500 used.

That’s the default footswitch settings. You can also set each footswitch to select specific rigs or effects. You can also program functions for pressing 1+2 and 2+3 so you could technically access rigs 1-5 with the 3 footswitches
ahh so more like the FM3 tap rig 1 hold rig 2 .see that makes more sense
Also looks like with exp pedal you could morph too , so have a clean tone and then put the pedal down for crunch or have Higan and push the pedal down for lead

All this talk about this device...

...then I sat down to my Synergy rig for first time in a long time (honestly, first time I've actually played through any rig since September due to some shoulder issues) - Synergy through FM3 into monitors...

...and realized as much fun as the Kemper universe is, I have no many-hundred-dollar-interest in it in any format...

...and order a UAFX Ox Stomp because if it sounds good, it should meaningfully improve my experience with the Synergy rig. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Folks have self imposed limits... I got 7 Uafx pedals and don't mind their price, this I'd get for 500, any more no thanks.

And for the real comparison, it's twice the price of Tonex which let's you profile and comes with software to use as plug on computer and ipad.

And that's before we get into accuracy.

I'm sure in a few month I find one for 500 used.

Find two!

That just doesn't make sense to me 😶

The company went from the original idea of the Kemper being to profile your amps and didn't even think about 3rd party profiles to you will exclusively need to use 3rd party profiles (or own multiples of our units)
Anecdotally, I know several Kemper owners with nice amps and none of them have profiles their own hardware. They treat it like a modeling rig. Pretty much since the things been out someone has been asking for a pedal-size Kemper player.

They treat it like a modeling rig. Pretty much since the things been out someone has been asking for a pedal-size Kemper player.

Absolutely true. I remember being an active member of the Kemper forum a long time back and folks were discussing a desire for something like this. A lot of people. That's why I noted Kemper world must be on cloud nine today.

“The stompbox is Kemper's most affordable profiler yet.”

Oh, so it DOES profile?
It does not capture profiles. But because it loads amp profiles and one plays through it, it is sort of an "amp profiler" when playing through it? I think the better way to think of it is just that "Profiler" is just the name of the product range.

Back