Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

I would buy a Tone X.

But staying within Kemper ecosystem, I would strongly consider it and just run my pedalboard that I adore into the rack for best of both worlds

I would guess you’re in the minority. I don’t think most people looking for a compact pedal to add to their pedalboard are going to be interested in spending more on a rack they have to haul around with their pedalboard when they have the option to spend less on exactly what they’re looking for

Fractal was indeed omitted. And Drew provided various other examples. It's hard to shake the "fractal bad" shadow when you have discussions like this.

Anyway, looking forward to you thoughts when the Kemper Player arrives!
I will bridge this gap and say I see the observation from both sides. Yes; Ejecta has always been a tad sour on FAS. BUT the FM3 is a LOT bigger than the Stomp. And beyond that; both of those devices are a bit more than what I think the Kemper is trying to provide.

I don't know; you kinda just get in the weeds at certain points on whatever sticking point you choose to focus on with this stuff. I'm glad I'm done.

:sofa

I will bridge this gap and say I see the observation from both sides. Yes; Ejecta has always been a tad sour on FAS. BUT the FM3 is a LOT bigger than the Stomp. And beyond that; both of those devices are a bit more than what I think the Kemper is trying to provide.

I don't know; you kinda just get in the weeds at certain points on whatever sticking point you choose to focus on with this stuff. I'm glad I'm done.

Done? Something isn't ringing right here...

FinverOh for fucks sake (1) if you mean "its great that others are making pedalboard friendly devices" say that.
I’ll post and say what I want the way I want so in that light.

A Tomar Por Culo Lol GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

I would guess you’re in the minority. I don’t think most people looking for a compact pedal to add to their pedalboard are going to be interested in spending more on a rack they have to haul around with their pedalboard when they have the option to spend less on exactly what they’re looking for
Well looking at what some are saying, I'd argue this isn't as pedalboard friendly as originally thought given the power needed.

I truly think it's meant to be a stand alone unit.

But at the end of the day I'm personally done with Kemper. If the video would have said "improved amp profiling" I'd have one on the way 😂

I definitely see the pros to this unit, no doubt.

For the record I’m never “always” and not sour on FAS’s products. I just don’t think they are the end all be all like some do. The thing I have been sour on is the hyper sensitivity and handing out of the crybaby talk by some of its users. Case in point this thread.

Last edited:
In case it got lost in my super childish earlier post, the 24 watt power requirement (2.7 amps at 9 volts) is indeed printed right on the power Jack…better get a big ass power supply and a bunch of them current doubler connectors!!

Yeah the FM3, as nice at it is, is not even in the same category. It's similar size to a HX Effects, or my BluGuitar Amp 1. For some that's OK, but I'd rather not build a pedalboard around it.

In case it got lost in my super childish earlier post, the 24 watt power requirement (2.7 amps at 9 volts) is indeed printed right on the power Jack…better get a big ass power supply and a bunch of them current doubler connectors!!
Could the Cioks DC7 work? Same as the QC, 2 doublers?

My HX Stomp has this printed on the power jack:

1703018319501.jpeg

I know with absolute certainty that it doesn't need anywhere near 3A - 1A has always been more than sufficient.

Does that mean the Kemper Player will only require a third of the power?

No, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it does.

My HX Stomp has this printed on the power jack:

View attachment 16075

I know with absolute certainty that it doesn't need anywhere near 3A - 1A has always been more than sufficient.

Does that mean the Kemper Player will only require a third of the power?

No, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it does.
Fair point. with no screen and processor requirements known to be an easier load than other devices...the WiFi and BT must be eating up a lot of electrons -- perhaps BT to communicate with editor would have been sufficient?

Fair point. with no screen and processor requirements known to be an easier load than other devices...the WiFi and BT must be eating up a lot of electrons -- perhaps BT to communicate with editor would have been sufficient?
Absolutely - the actual power requirements remain to be seen, but I'd be surprised if it ever pulls more than 1 amp.

I'd say I'm offering my 2 cents, but since I'm English, I'll only offer a penny for my thoughts:

Loads of people, myself included, have been asking for a Kemper profile player for years, but it took the ToneX pedal to be released for it to actually happen.

The existence of the ToneX pedal may have had literally nothing to do with Kemper bringing this out, but it does offer a significantly cheaper way for most people (who will never profile an amp) to sample what Kemper has to offer.

Liquid profiling definitely piqued my curiosity, and this product, at pretty much half the cost of a Kemper stage, gives me the opportunity to try out the Kemper ecosystem at a significantly lower cost, so I am going to give it a go.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Back