So How Was Your Week?

Infinite amount of grief at work, working this saturday, less practice time this week, wife still has a list of things "we" need to do, yeah the "we" thing is hilarious lol
and im not happy with my DK24
all in all not great id say

:pitchforks

May your mental health be an impenetrable fortress, Mike. :beer

Not gonna lie, I’m in full on existential crisis mode this week.

Brought on by finding out there has been a massive paradigm shift in my field of work that means everything I’ve spent the last 7 years learning is out the window and I have to start over again.

I realized I’ve been so busy with my job that I haven’t been paying attention to changes in the industry and now I’m suddenly several years behind and have to play catch up.

It’s feeling exhausting and I’m tired of running the race, but I have no choice. There’s no other line of work I could move to that would pay enough to cover expenses/family needs. I’ve kind of painted myself into a corner professionally. :confused:

Fucking fuck! What a Cargo ship of anxiety that must feel like. Sorry man. Feel free to spew here.

I also know what a pro you are, and how capable you will be in anything you tackle or take on. :beer

Met up with some guys in the week. Might start a new band with them. Gonna jam in the coming weeks.

Hell yeah! Jamming with mates is fantastic---regardless if it goes anywhere or not. The journey is
the destination and all that jazz, right?

Hope the locked in riffs melt some faces!! :beer

I work in IT and software development, and it's all change for the sake of change, fixing what ain't broke, new wrapping and buzzwords for existing concepts... I just can't pretend to be excited about any of it anymore. :idk And yeah, retirement looks to be a long ways off yet.

If it ain't broke, break it. If it doesn't need fixing and works just fine, fix it anyway. :hugitout

Fucking fuck! What a Cargo ship of anxiety that must feel like. Sorry man. Feel free to spew here.

I also know what a pro you are, and how capable you will be in anything you tackle or take on. :beer

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, it means a lot :beer

Last night was fucking amazing seeing Stanley Jordan and the Wootens. Double bucket list crossing-offa's. The burning muscles just down to a normal fatigue by then and back to normal today. Ready to sling more sacks of 🧀 and :poop:

Last night was fucking amazing seeing Stanley Jordan and the Wootens. Double bucket list crossing-offa's. The burning muscles just down to a normal fatigue by then and back to normal today. Ready to sling more sacks of 🧀 and :poop:
I bet that was an awesome show. I've only seen Victor Wooten with Béla Fleck and the Flecktones, and it/he was fantastic.

Sick.
Typical weight is around 160. Was 142 of this morning but have been able to keep down a couple pizza crusts.
Staying away from the cheese for now. (y)

Went to bed Friday and except for a billion trips to the can didn't really get up till this morning. Considering going nuts tonight with a double cheeseburger meal and chocolate shake from Mickey D's. I'll either feel better or it'll be radio silence for another day or two. :giggle:

Seriously though, haven't eaten there in at least 4 years and I'm craving it like crazy!

Life is good 😛
IMG_1585.jpeg

Back