So How Was Your Week?

la szum

Goatlord
Any news to share? Anything cool happen? Did you barely survive? Feel free to vent. Feel free to celebrate.

Everything from grunts and groans to gratitude is welcome in this thread. :beer

I visited Venice and the tour guide showed us the church where Vivaldi was baptized.

Tour guide asked if anyone knew why Vivaldi had to take out a loan to purchase his first violin ?

Me: "Because he was baroque ?"

Tour Guide: "GET OUT !"

My week was stressful, I am a man living on the edge.

Stressed Too Much GIF by NewQuest

I got to build a custom closet shelf unit from scratch. Generated a 3-D drawing of it, built it in the shop, then the night before we took it to the job site, I had an alarming thought:

It's too tall to go through the closet door standing upright, but is it also too long, measured diagonally, to be able to tip it up into place, without having to cut a hole in the sub-floor?

Cabinet-makers of custom built-ins usually think of this detail, but I don't build this kind of stuff very often at all, so I didn't.

We had about 1/2" of clearance!

Whew! And turned out great!

Oh wait, did you mean music-related?
Uh, still playing the 20th Majesty, and loving every minute!

I got to build a custom closet shelf unit from scratch. Generated a 3-D drawing of it, built it in the shop, then the night before we took it to the job site, I had an alarming thought:

It's too tall to go through the closet door standing upright, but is it also too long, measured diagonally, to be able to tip it up into place, without having to cut a hole in the sub-floor?

Cabinet-makers of custom built-ins usually think of this detail, but I don't build this kind of stuff very often at all, so I didn't.

Haha, I hate those thoughts. I have them occasionally myself since I build cabinets and doors.
I've been working with walnut all week, building some panels and doors for a custom kitchen. I wish had more time this week to play guitar but it's not easy working with wood all day with the hands, then coming home to play guitar. But I love building stuff too.
Here's one of a few panels I built today -- just have to finish sanding and do all the stain and spray work:

IMG_1747.jpg

Really good. We had a killer rehearsal. Wrapped up the new songs we're going to record in a few weeks. They finally all came together, it was a lot of fun. I'm super excited for this next ep.

Love hearing that! Nothing like the feeling of being stoked about some new music. :banana

Oh man! That is awesome, Tom. The Carpentry Gods were on your side!! :beer

Haha, I hate those thoughts. I have them occasionally myself since I build cabinets and doors.
I've been working with walnut all week, building some panels and doors for a custom kitchen. I wish had more time this week to play guitar but it's not easy working with wood all day with the hands, then coming home to play guitar. But I love building stuff too.
Here's one of a few panels I built today -- just have to finish sanding and do all the stain and spray work:

View attachment 17548

Wow! I am wowed by those who make such fine Art with Wood. It's like a form of Painting and Sculpture all in one. :love

Maybe with a bit of Geometry and Surgery thrown in there. :beer

My lower back wrenched up while I was brushing my teeth this morning - right before going to my last two hours of training on a new product at our HQ, then looking at a 7-hour drive back home, then on call for the weekend. That 7-hour drive turned into a three hour drive today and four hours tomorrow due to road conditions.

My lower back wrenched up while I was brushing my teeth this morning - right before going to my last two hours of training on a new product at our HQ, then looking at a 7-hour drive back home, then on call for the weekend. That 7-hour drive turned into a three hour drive today and four hours tomorrow due to road conditions.
Oh man, that sucks. Lower back pain can put you down for days. Hope you recover quickly.
I've coughed hard and had that happen before.

Oh man, that is awful. Sorry to hear that. :(

We can be very fragile in the morning. I started doing 10 to 15 minutes of Yoga
every morning while the Coffee is being made, because at 55 I was having some
issues with spasms in my back that would take me a week to recover from.

Hope you feel better tomorrow and find some relief.

I started doing 10 to 15 minutes of Yoga
every morning while the Coffee is being made, because at 55 I was having some
issues with spasms in my back that would take me a week to recover from.
I've paid little attention to a crook in my neck from, I suppose just having tension there while playing the guitar. So for 4 days straight now, I've been doing stretches, and it's still there, but much better. And realizing I should be doing this stuff like..., every day!
Hope you feel better tomorrow and find some relief.
I second that! ;)

Back