Quad Cortex plugin support officially goes from "soon" to "eventually"

Return it. At this point; you've done your due diligence.
Sad thing is I went on for a few minutes to enjoy playing through the thing. Some of it sounds really great, as I’ve said. But I need to get through a good amount of content reorganization to make it useful and a) the on-device UI is terrible, and b) the PC editor is worse. In fact the PC editor is so terrible I haven’t even managed to determine whether it’s intended to serve as an editor yet.

Sad thing is I went on for a few minutes to enjoy playing through the thing. Some of it sounds really great, as I’ve said. But I need to get through a good amount of content reorganization to make it useful and a) the on-device UI is terrible, and b) the PC editor is worse. In fact the PC editor is so terrible I haven’t even managed to determine whether it’s intended to serve as an editor yet.
It's not. As far as the pedal is concerned; it's mainly just a portal to hell to ToneNet

Especially if he’s holding on to the QC.
ToneX was never going to supplant QC for me either way. More a question of whether to use this with HX stomp for my “other” rig, ie whether the improvement in amp tones is worth the addtl footprint and usability headaches. That bargain isn’t playing out so well.

ToneX was never going to supplant QC for me either way. More a question of whether to use this with HX stomp for my “other” rig, ie whether the improvement in amp tones is worth the addtl footprint and usability headaches. That bargain isn’t playing out so well.
I'll say I just fired up ToneX in 4cm with the Stomp and went through a few HX drives and it kicks some serious booty. You need to find that cap that trips your trigger then never touch the software again :rofl

the route they take to get there is completely different
Since you quoted me, I just want to say for the record that I agree.
ToneX and QC snaps are literally new versions of the thing that Christoph Kemper invented.

It's better for us that there are alternatives to Kemper. I'm all for it. And if there's anything legal or not to say about it, let them work that out. But this isn't a grey area like the beginning of modeling. If anyone else was even thinking about something like what Christoph Kemper came up with, they weren't talking about it, at all. Whatever, he may be relieved that after all this time other manufacturers are taking on the task of adopting his tech and responding to the public in ways that may not interest him.

ToneX was never going to supplant QC for me either way.
Sometimes I think your undying loyalty to that device is just meant to spite the rest of us. And then I look in the mirror, after ten years with the KPA. Wait, are these digital forums what aged me?

Maybe nothing but they filed the trademark

giphy.gif

Probably not.
I would guess it tweaks a pre-made preamp, think of it as advanced automatic tone matching.

I believe this may be correct, as I recall hearing that the Kemper has something like 5 "reference" models, and during the capture process it works out which one is closest to the test tones and uses this as the basis for the profile.

I've no idea if this is true or not, but if it is, it would explain the Kemper "sonic signature" that some people hear.

Back