Potential Mesa Reissues? IIC+ and Dual Rec

I’m sure the Mesa breakdown stuff is just as anecdotal (or grumpy amp repair techs 😂 ) - never had an issue with any of my Mesas.

problem with mesa's is if something does age out it's a rat's nest to get to/understand, mesa "engineering" is (was) NOT engineered as it was "seasoned" into existence. triaxis no doubt had hired in-house real engineering, but the heads/combos up to roadster were just tinkered to life bit by smoking bit

I think we’ve been through this before. You’re going to have a hard time convincing me Friedmans are built nicer, when I’ve seen WAY more in for repair over the last ten years than Mesa. But, that’s not really worth going into.
I've always equated Mesa Boogie with exceptional quality and reliability, which to me was worth a bit of a premium. That may not still apply; I don't know.

OTOH, comparing prices "then" and "now", even adjusted for inflation, keep in mind they don't offer a 5 year transferable warranty any longer, like they used to.

I've always equated Mesa Boogie with exceptional quality and reliability, which to me was worth a bit of a premium. That may not still apply; I don't know.

OTOH, comparing prices "then" and "now", even adjusted for inflation, keep in mind they don't offer a 5 year transferable warranty any longer, like they used to.
Yeah. If I’m to be honest, I’m not delighted with a lot of the decisions they’ve been making. Take a look at what they’ve discontinued lately, it’s quite staggering. They jacked the prices, then there was backlash, so they lowered a bunch of them. I dunno. I’m starting to think people were right about Gibson fucking it up.

Back