Potential Mesa Reissues? IIC+ and Dual Rec

I don't typically prefer modern chugga shit (but I do chugga the old school shit) and it does a great job.

I have yet to foray into the Metallica tone world (I may at some point), but this dude has it going on using Flemming Rasmussen's actual studio notes:

We’ve got the IIC++ in Fractal units that I certainly love, it’s my favorite amp in Fractal land and I use the shit out of it, but I want an actual head. The JP2C+ might be as close I get if Gibson Gibson’s it.

While I won’t deny the NDSP plugin sounds great, that’s a company I don’t want to give my money to. :banana

We’ve got the IIC++ in Fractal units that I certainly love, it’s my favorite amp in Fractal land and I use the shit out of it, but I want an actual head. The JP2C+ might be as close I get if Gibson Gibson’s it.

While I won’t deny the NDSP plugin sounds great, that’s a company I don’t want to give my money to. :banana
The Marks aren’t as different as they’re made to believe. If you snagged a III or an IV, or a JP2C, you’d be happy with them.

Fractal Mark amps sound great but the experience is so far removed from what it’s like from actually using a Mark Series amp in person. Those amps are way more than just the sound that comes out of them, it’s how you dial them in and navigate to your tone.

Same goes for profiles/NAM models, you barely skim the surface of honing your own sound in with them.

The Neural and Amplitube plugins do a slightly better job in that regard although clicking to go to the rear controls feels weird to do.
that’s a company I don’t want to give my money to.
SOME irony in Neural and IK being the companies with an official licence and actually giving a kickback to Mesa. The Amplitube Rectifiers make me think Mesa will sign off anything as good enough though.

People love to slag on Gibson, which I get, but I wonder if these even get re-issued without them? :unsure:

People have been revving up to get pre-mad for years already over the potential for RIs under Gibson. Which, I dunno maybe pricing aside I don't really follow

Never mind the fact that Mesa has already done there share of RI releases over the years pre gibson. Or the main selling points of the past 3 Mark releases have been the "reissue" channels. Oh yeah, and every clean channel is the Lonestar :LOL: :cop

Do you doubt we'll hear anything official about this by the end of the month? :sofa
Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

I've always wanted to try a Mark III because GGF :love
Do it you won’t.
Red stripe combo?
You’d love the red stripe - you probably won’t love the combo but you can move the Mark chassis around so either drop it in a head shell or grab the rack mount kit.

Care to share why?

I’m just not a fan of the way they carry themselves, all around. I’ve ranted about them more than enough over the years that if I fired off all the reasons again, I’d be past the ad nauseam point of bitching about NDSP, so I’d rather reserve those kind of remarks for the new dumb shit they do instead of the old. :rofl

When I think of Mesa’s legacy, it’s the IIC+ and the revision F or G Recto. Obviously there are other winners in their lineup but those 2 take the cake for many guitarists.

It’s awesome to see these circuits potentially get the nod, but Gibson’s involvement is absolutely terrifying given the attempt at their own reissues. I wish I could feel more optimistic about how this might go.

I think the only way a lot of people would be happy with the IIC+ RI is it it was free and every time one was claimed, Cesar gave himself 100 lashes

And even then probably would still find something to complain about

If the $4-5k guesses are right, yeah that’s pretty insane. But also consider what the real deal goes for. Gibson is still a business and people have been begging for this for ages. I think expecting this to come in at less than a VII is wishful, and possibly delusional thinking.

And yes, I do think even the price tag of the VII is outrageous. But in the spirit of pragmatism, go ahead and look at the price of newly released Marks adjusted for inflation going back to the 70s and it falls right in line, if not “more affordable”

The Mark V release being the one exception out of the lineup

I think the only way a lot of people would be happy with the IIC+ RI is it it was free and every time one was claimed, Cesar gave himself 100 lashes

And even then probably would still find something to complain about

If the $4-5k guesses are right, yeah that’s pretty insane. But also consider what the real deal goes for. Gibson is still a business and people have been begging for this for ages. I think expecting this to come in at less than a VII is wishful, and possibly delusional thinking.

And yes, I do think even the price tag of the VII is outrageous. But in the spirit of pragmatism, go ahead and look at the price of newly released Marks adjusted for inflation going back to the 70s and it falls right in line, if not “more affordable”

The Mark V release being the one exception out of the lineup
The prices on modern Mesas is RIDICULOUS. The used prices are much more reasonable though still somewhat inflated right now.

Back