Potential Mesa Reissues? IIC+ and Dual Rec

Pokemon Reaction GIF

Man, you've been spoiled with the deals on the IV and V.... and you want to continue to be spoiled rotten. :LOL:

I know all of the Mark series amps will continue to climb in price apart from an actual Apocalypse. Jump soon
or pay more later is my theory.

That said, I am good and not in the market..... unless I can get spoiled rotten. :beer

Current prices in the $2k and up range that I usually see are just hard to stomach when not that long ago they seemed to be door stops you could find for under $1k. I paid around $1300 for my red stripe in ~2014, and I new than that that was kinda high for the market, but I had money burning a hole in my pocket at the time and didn't want to wait around for a cheaper one :LOL:

The last classic tube amp I really want add to my collection is a IIC+.
Only 200 limited run?, nah that's not very Gibson like, I just hope it will not cost 5k+ or something stupid like that.

but damnit, I want a fucking IIC+!

I don't typically prefer modern chugga shit (but I do chugga the old school shit) and it does a great job.

I have yet to foray into the Metallica tone world (I may at some point), but this dude has it going on using Flemming Rasmussen's actual studio notes:

Last edited:
Current prices in the $2k and up range that I usually see are just hard to stomach when not that long ago they seemed to be door stops you could find for under $1k. I paid around $1300 for my red stripe in ~2014, and I new than that that was kinda high for the market, but I had money burning a hole in my pocket at the time and didn't want to wait around for a cheaper one :LOL:

Yeah, we can't spend 2010 money in 2024 and get the same outcome. :LOL:

I paid $600 for a MKIII and sold it for $500 after a tech I should have
never trusted hosed it completely.

I bet one in the $1500 range could pop up here or there, and be gone quick.

I expect Gibson to push or exceed the $10K range if this is a 200 piece run.

It's what they do. They know what the market is on these.

I'd be shocked if it is anywhere close to $5k. Just don't see that happening.

The last classic tube amp I really want add to my collection is a IIC+.
Only 200 limited run?, nah that's not very Gibson like, I just hope it will not cost 5k+ or something stupid like that.
Given current Mesa prices, I can’t see any way that this will be less than $5k. There are people out there willing to spend more than that on them, they’ll charge whatever they can get away with.

Yeah, we can't spend 2010 money in 2024 and get the same outcome. :LOL:

I paid $600 for a MKIII and sold it for $500 after a tech I should have
never trusted hosed it completely.

I bet one in the $1500 range could pop up here or there, and be gone quick.

I had a 75 watt fully loaded Blue Stripe Simul-Class long head I should have never let go of. That amp spit fire like no one’s business. Only paid $750 for it I think. Traded it to GC because I was dumb.

Back