Pete Thorn ToneX video!!!

Its a cool video, he's a killer player and gets great tones. But basically he shows that it does everything its supposed to here, I don't think there is anything that isn't common knowledge by now?

Defo interested in some models from his collection though

Mostly yes hands by that i mean technique
Which begs the question… why do we argue over what gear sounds the best when we can “make anything sound good” like Pete if we work on our technique and get really good? Seems the shortest and cheaper way to good tone is practice. Funny how the playing technique sections of forums are one of the most neglected. Not pointing any fingers really just making an observation of activities that I'm totally guilty of myself.

Which begs the question… why do we argue over what gear sounds the best when we can “make anything sound good” like Pete if we work on our technique and get really good? Seems the shortest and cheaper way to good tone is practice. Funny how the playing technique sections of forums are one of the most neglected. Not pointing any fingers really just making an observation of activities that I'm totally guilty of myself.
Yes well a Noob like me loves tones and loves to learn about tone, so this is why I enjoy Modelling, Eco systems are different and tones are also different
im just a bedroom player and have stated many times my gear if far better than my skills, but its something I enjoy so I splurge a little for what I like, but that does not mean in anyway that i dont paractice and learn everyday, creating tones and getting tones i like is just another aspect of my journey, one compliments the other and good gear is a motivation at least for me

Well thats the thing with all these pro's they can make anything sound amazing ...
the player is essential as well as his Knowledge of tones and how to go about making tones, whether it be pedal and amp based, Modelling or capture
Yes, that's the beauty of this demos. There is a lot to learn from them and not just sit around waiting for a device to make everything for you, what would you learn from that?

I think perhaps it might be because gear is more universal in that it crosses over multiple ranges of technique. Whereas technique and the range of approaches to it may be more personalized.

I don't understand why anyone would bag on Kemper for a FREE update to the only hardware device they've ever released with a lot of new functionality. It's not a new product or an add-on or anything, it's a new firmware that adds some big new features.

Yup. Kind of makes gear demos irrelevant in my world. :idk

I have learned that Ola Englund can make ANYTHING chug— a MetalZone pedal, Revv pedals, an AxeFX, Kemper, etc.

I think there should be a YouTuber who makes videos titled “Making BAD gear sound AMAZING!!”

I have learned that Ola Englund can make ANYTHING chug— a MetalZone pedal, Revv pedals, an AxeFX, Kemper, etc.

I think there should be a YouTuber who makes videos titled “Making BAD gear sound AMAZING!!”
Or Making great quality products sound as amateur as posible for the pleasure of some.....

I think perhaps it might be because gear is more universal in that it crosses over multiple ranges of technique. Whereas technique and the range of approaches to it may be more personalized.
kung fu GIF

@TSJMajesty beats me up about this all the time. :LOL:

Back