Fluff signature Music Man????

I just read the OP and fire both barrels.
Vhs Kiss GIF by vhspositive

I like the guitar. HS with a hardtail is :chef

That said, though there are EBMM guitars for which I would consider paying $3k, this is probably not one of them. Here's to hoping they hit the used market at a reasonable price :sofa

I like the guitar. HS with a hardtail is :chef

That said, though there are EBMM guitars for which I would consider paying $3k, this is probably not one of them. Here's to hoping they hit the used market at a reasonable price :sofa
I gotta agree, dude may have followers, but that doesn't mean they:

1. can afford that
2. are so fanatic about that influencer, that they have to have it.

This is where some of these may fail, miserably. A Beato (basically) LP Junior is an easy sell. Anyone looking at that brand in the first place, has a fat wallet, and probably already likes that design somewhat. I think there are a lot less players out there, willing to pay +$3k for a guitar from someone from a long list of people they follow.

Maybe I'm wrong.

1. can afford that

This is where some of these may fail, miserably. A Beato (basically) LP Junior is an easy sell. Anyone looking at that brand in the first place, has a fat wallet, and probably already likes that design somewhat. I think there are a lot less players out there, willing to pay +$3k for a guitar from someone from a long list of people they follow.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Frankly, I thought that was part of the genius of Jared Dines doing a Sterling instead of an Ernie. I imagine Jared's audience is on the younger side, so a less expensive, more accessible instrument makes a lot of sense (to me, as very much a non-expert).

Perhaps the Venn diagram of Fluff's audiences (from Youtube, touring, etc) and the EBMM target market has more overlap than I think. I dunno.

FWIW, Fluff plays in Dragged Under, and I quite like them. I've seen rig rundowns of their touring rig, and I will admit I've drooled over the Balls he takes on tour.

1. can afford that

Maybe I'm wrong.

Have you looked at EBMM prices lately? Their cheapest model is now $2,599

4 years ago I bought my St Vincent for $1,800 and now they’re $3,099 o_O

Gibson is almost a bargain brand in comparison these days

Weird, I thought he already had that as a signature model. Lots of YouTubers have signature gear already. Just look at all the Pete Thorn stuff. Rhett Shull has a signature slide an amp. I think Jared Dines was already mentioned.

As cool as the Musicman stuff is, it's all gotten out of hand for pricing. $2500-3000+ to get in the door is too much. We're in a really crappy spot for guitars because a decent USA guitar now costs close to $2000. Not the high end stuff, just the standard Fender American, Gibson Studio, and PRS S2 models.

That's exactly the problem.

The most visible influential people to help market guitars today are apparently not artists but people who are famous for talking about tools used by artists and giving their opinions on everything.

It means we spend more time listening to the people spouting their opinions about tools used to make music than actually listening to music.

Nailed it! Summed up very well.

I do my best to fight that trend with every fiber of my being on a daily basis. By listening to music. Yes, music. Shocking, I know.

Also, by being VERY selective about who among the "influencer" crowd gets my views. I do my best to not let the Algo
dictate that and make conscious and intentional choices. :idk

Won't alter any of the current trends, but it is way healthier.... and it helps me to know I am not feeding and supporting the
trends that feel like a step back more than any sort of progress. To me. :LOL:

Back