OMG has ernie ball lost it? $3150? for new re released supersport axis? wow

EBMM for me have reached the point where they aren’t worth the prices they’re asking. I’ve owned a few, but I doubt I’ll ever own another.

They’re good, but they aren’t THAT good
i agree...I still have my 2 axis supersport mm90 that i really like...they are smallish so if you are a bigger guy they look like a childs guitar. You can buy a sterling copy and mod it out for way less. Or find one used for alot less.

Plus my original post of OMG was because i recently bought a $500 prs ce24 thats really an amazing guitar for the $$ and it comes with a gig bag.

Hold my beer....

lot0213.jpg
More like “open” my beer.

Plus my original post of OMG was because i recently bought a $500 prs ce24 thats really an amazing guitar for the $$ and it comes with a gig bag.

To be fair, the USA version of the CE24 are over $2600 which is a much more narrow gap to that EBMM

Plenty of models in the Sterling line to compete with the SE price points :idk

Last edited:
To be fair, the USA version of the CE24 are over $2600 which is a much more narrow gap to that EBMM

Plenty of models in the Sterling line to compete with the SE price points :idk

It may just be my luck, but I have not played a Sterling that was what I’d consider ‘good’ or remotely ‘great’ yet. Not in comparison to the SE’s I’ve played/owned. I’d buy a Sterling Majesty in a fucking heartbeat if those were on par with SE’s, no question, I’d have a 6 and 7 string by now.

I loved these before I even knew what they were!

My uncle gave me this shortly after I started playing-
71nOOVrS5JL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

And I just thought it looked cool as hell. Maybe a year or so later, VH was all over MTV for the release of Balance and I recognized the guitar. Then once I moved to NYC in 9th grade I finally got to play one, it was Richie Castellano’s from the Band Geeks and I really fell in love with the neck.

I’d love to have an OG EBMM EVH, but not for those prices! It’s total nostalgia for me and finding them appealing, I’m sure, but they’re killer guitars!

I had that and loved it!

It may just be my luck, but I have not played a Sterling that was what I’d consider ‘good’ or remotely ‘great’ yet. Not in comparison to the SE’s I’ve played/owned. I’d buy a Sterling Majesty in a fucking heartbeat if those were on par with SE’s, no question, I’d have a 6 and 7 string by now.

Agree, feels like every Sterling I’ve played has been a dog. Good looks but awful playing.

I used to have a Silo which was the import before Sterling and that was a solid guitar for sure.

I had that and loved it!

Agree, feels like every Sterling I’ve played has been a dog. Good looks but awful playing.

I used to have a Silo which was the import before Sterling and that was a solid guitar for sure.

I have an OLP Petrucci my ex got for me years ago, the neck/body is actually pretty decent. I blocked the trem, putting locking tuners on it and have it in drop A but kind of forget I have it.

I once Considered a EVH wolfgang , yes i love the looks , but dont dig the FR and the only one i could afford was a MiM
MiM? hard pass

I mean, I get it. It was Eddie’s design. But man, what an ugly fucking guitar. 😂
I was okay with the original ones in the original colors, with the original level of quilt in the top and birdseye in the neck. But EBMMs whole "lets find the stuff that doesn't even look like wood anymore and make guitars out of it" approach of late has definitely turned me against most of their guitars.

I think the basses are better than the guitars. I’ve played a few good Sterling basses, but yeah, I’ve never played a Sterling guitar that felt good either.

I think the basses are better than the guitars. I’ve played a few good Sterling basses, but yeah, I’ve never played a Sterling guitar that felt good either.

I’d definitely agree with that. I almost bought one a couple years back because for $400 it packed some punch.

I was okay with the original ones in the original colors, with the original level of quilt in the top and birdseye in the neck. But EBMMs whole "lets find the stuff that doesn't even look like wood anymore and make guitars out of it" approach of late has definitely turned me against most of their guitars.
The King of ambiguity. Ed's endorsements always seemed to be walking the line between kinda sorta based on his gear but not really at the same time not telling folks what he actually used and not giving away the keys to the candyland store wilst raking in millions and spreading ficticious accounts of what he had & used back in the day.
By the time the Sam era arrived it was over musically and just a joy ride on the money train.
Ive never felt i needed to have nor ever wanted any of his stuff.
Just an alcoholic w/a bad tobacco habit that likely cut his life short and treated his guitars like crap.
I feel sorry for his son trying to figure out where to go in life in his pops shadow.
But the first 4 albums were great. YMMV.
Sam said [in his book] he knew Ed was totally nutts when he tried to bash out a window on their private jet @ 30,000 ft.
Ed hurt alot of people and never really made amends.
He blamed his cancer on "metal picks" and not the 16 million cigarettes.

adgij.jpg

Last edited:
Back