OMG has ernie ball lost it? $3150? for new re released supersport axis? wow

The King of ambiguity. Ed's endorsements always seemed to be walking the line between kinda sorta based on his gear but not really at the same time not telling folks what he actually used and not giving away the keys to the candyland store wilst raking in millions and spreading ficticious accounts of what he had & used back in the day.
By the time the Sam era arrived it was over musically and just a joy ride on the money train.
Ive never felt i needed to have nor ever wanted any of his stuff.
Just an alcoholic w/a bad tobacco habit that likely cut his life short and treated his guitars like crap.
I feel sorry for his son trying to figure out where to go in life in his pops shadow.
But the first 4 albums were great. YMMV.
Sam said he knew Ed was totally nutts when he tried to bash out a window on their private jet @ 30,000 ft.
Ed hurt alot of people and never really made amends.
He blamed his cancer on "metal picks" and not the 16 million cigarettes.

adgij.jpg
You're carrying around an awful lot of EVH baggage, dude.

You're carrying around an awful lot of EVH baggage, dude.
giphy.gif

No not at all.
Not my monkey not my circus.
You have a terrible perception problem.
The only thing worse than an alcoholic & their web of lies is the groups of enablers that are as sick as the alcoholic that wont get help and keep the addicts stuck in their own shit.
Lets face it there is no need for anyone in 2024 to be suffering any kind of malady addiction wise and not get help.
And certainly no reason to drag an addiction out for 65 years.

This IS and always WILL BE my Van Halen.
You can burn everything before & after.
RIP >
Doesn't mean i want his guitar or amp, just like the music.

@Achilles the VH doo-wop vocal was a different version of the same thing that made me twitch on King's X. Difference being obviously Eddie, Alex and the songs spoke to me.

Hell, if we dump on every heavy band that tried rolling in some doo-wop/Motown and/or CSN&Y/Beatles vocal syrup into their shit there wouldn't be much left to listen to.

Whether it worked or not is just personal tastes.
This worked.

I don't disagree. I've tried to define it for myself a number of times. I have never succeeded in defining it :oops::LOL:

Hell, if we dump on every heavy band that tried rolling in some doo-wop/Motown/CSN&Y/Beatles vocal syrup into their shit there wouldn't be much left to listen to.

Whether it worked or not is just personal tastes.
This worked.

Imagine walking around in life feeling compelled all the time to say what you dislike. What a
craptastic existence that would be. :LOL:

Back