New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

I don’t see why I really have to explain this.

So why are you doing it? I didn't ask for it. Latency of the advanced pitch blocks feels uncomfortable to me. And yes, I can compensate for it just fine. But I simply don't want to. And that's all there is to it, no further explanations needed.

From the FAQ:
How many different effects does it include?
Every* effect from our Helix, HX, and M-Class product lines, including all the crazy cool stuff like Poly Pitch, Poly Sustain, Retro Reel, ADT, Dynamic reverbs, Shimmer, Tesselator, Shuffling Looper, etc. Over 260 total. HX One ships with firmware 3.60, and when 3.70 drops, you may see even more effects.​

Later...
*Ha! You said it had every effect from Helix, but it clearly doesn’t have the 6 Switch Looper or the Volume/Pan stuff!
With a MIDI controller, the 1 Switch and Shuffling loopers can be controlled from 6 switches (or keys on your MIDI keyboard).​
There's no expectation for future Helix/HX effects to be so DSP-intensive that they won't fit into all members of the family. There are exceedingly few single pedals with algorithms that eat up more cycles than Poly Pitch does in HX One. Maybe a couple algorithms in H90 or the newest Meris stuff?

You conveniently ignored the important part, emphasis mine:

Whammy V is $299, same price as HX One. Drop is $239. EHX Freeze is $150. HX One does all of these (by many accounts, better than the standalones), plus another 250 effects, including a bunch of unique offerings you can't get anywhere else (unless you buy HX Effects or better). 3.70 will add a better, more controllable version of a $239 pedal plus a bunch of other stuff. 3.80 will add even more.
By "by many accounts," I'm not projecting my feelings on the matter. It's what many artists, producers, influencers, and customers have straight up told us.

<cringe>

This is cool stuff, and what you ended up doing was push me back over the edge as to which brand of modeler I’m buying this weekend…

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin

Actually we call them zucchina (singular) and zucchine (plural).
There's no zucchini in Italian.

Eggplants are melanzana/melanzane

Oh my bad. I thought the plural was ending with "i". Thanks for the heads up!

This is cool stuff, and what you ended up doing was push me back over the edge as to which brand of modeler I’m buying this weekend…

🤘😍 Which unit are you getting?

@Digital Igloo I'm an impedance dummy and trying to wrap my head around this, but does the variable impedance apply to the output of the pedal too, or just the input? Asking because I currently have my pitchblack tuner placed after my wah and microtron IV. If I wanted to free up pedalboard space by using the helix tuner and that needs to be placed first in order to be used, can I crank up the output impedance that my filter fx will see? Or am I completely misunderstanding all this

Back