New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

Like a native - quite literally!;)

Zucchini is an Italian word...

Courgette is French, but from 1066, French was the language of the noble class.

Rather interestingly, the English language is littered with different terms depending on your social status - pork, beef, mutton, venison are all words we might use today to describe food, and are derived from french, whereas pig, cow, sheep, deer are Germanic words used by peasants to describe the animal, because they didn't get to eat them

This continues to this day, where you Americans eat stuff that wouldn't legally be considered food over here! ;)

BTW - where the merry fu@k does "eggplant" come from?

My guess: probably from the lighter-colored ones looking a bit like eggs that are growing on a plant, especially when they're smaller.

Fun thing is, while Germans refer to eggplants as "aubergine" (from French), we in Austria call them "Melanzani" (from Italian). We make fun of the Germans because of that. They probably do laugh at us just as well. 🤷‍♂️

I get that. Seeing as it's an HX product, I assume it will have every effect the rest of products do. I'm just trying to find out if that's the case, and if so, does that become a limiting factor for the rest of the HX line?

Poly takes up about half a Stomp's DSP, so none of them make it on to the POD Go. If Future Effect X barely fits on a Stomp will it be withheld from the One or does the effect get shelved?
From the FAQ:
How many different effects does it include?
Every* effect from our Helix, HX, and M-Class product lines, including all the crazy cool stuff like Poly Pitch, Poly Sustain, Retro Reel, ADT, Dynamic reverbs, Shimmer, Tesselator, Shuffling Looper, etc. Over 260 total. HX One ships with firmware 3.60, and when 3.70 drops, you may see even more effects.​

Later...
*Ha! You said it had every effect from Helix, but it clearly doesn’t have the 6 Switch Looper or the Volume/Pan stuff!
With a MIDI controller, the 1 Switch and Shuffling loopers can be controlled from 6 switches (or keys on your MIDI keyboard).​
There's no expectation for future Helix/HX effects to be so DSP-intensive that they won't fit into all members of the family. There are exceedingly few single pedals with algorithms that eat up more cycles than Poly Pitch does in HX One. Maybe a couple algorithms in H90 or the newest Meris stuff?
True. And for a reason.
You conveniently ignored the important part, emphasis mine:

Whammy V is $299, same price as HX One. Drop is $239. EHX Freeze is $150. HX One does all of these (by many accounts, better than the standalones), plus another 250 effects, including a bunch of unique offerings you can't get anywhere else (unless you buy HX Effects or better). 3.70 will add a better, more controllable version of a $239 pedal plus a bunch of other stuff. 3.80 will add even more.
By "by many accounts," I'm not projecting my feelings on the matter. It's what many artists, producers, influencers, and customers have straight up told us.
the tatoos are trashy though and make such a pretty girl looks trashy.Like prison tatoos on the fingers.yuk
<cringe>

Last edited:
3.80 will add even more
season 5 episode 10 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Well, I have a Whammy V, a POG2, and an MXR poly octave pedal and I’ve owned all of them for a long time and gigged with all of them. The Helix Poly stuff is better than all of them, full stop.

D

As said, I don't agree with that, at least not with all of it. Especially when it comes to latencies, the advanced L6 pitch stuff is not exactly great, to put it carefully.

Back