New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

Ugh, still can't get the HX One to update. I need to update it now, can't just use as-is, because I want to use mid thru (which doesn't work without 3.71).

I tried updating offline - thank you for the tip @Sascha Franck - still no luck. The HX One just goes dark and doesn't turn back on or even start the update process.

I'm using a MacBook Pro and single USB C cable, no adapters or hubs, etc.

Any ideas, @Digital Igloo ?

Thanks.
HX One will go dark during the update process (this is dumb; this was just a hotfix but hopefully we'll show "Updating..." or something soon); Line 6 Central should walk you through everything. If the very newest version of Line 6 Central isn't working, unfortunately you may need to open a ticket—CS has way more troubleshooting tips and tricks than I do. :confused:

HX One will go dark during the update process (this is dumb; this was just a hotfix but hopefully we'll show "Updating..." or something soon); Line 6 Central should walk you through everything. If the very newest version of Line 6 Central isn't working, unfortunately you may need to open a ticket—CS has way more troubleshooting tips and tricks than I do. :confused:

Yes, it goes dark, but shortly after that there's an error message (from both Line 6 Central and/or HX One Librarian) that the update process has failed and to power cycle the HX and try again. Happens over and over.

Thank you, appreciate you taking the time. Looks like I'll put in a ticket or just return it.

Do AI programs self identify as bots?

Meme Think GIF
Good question hahaha.

Ok, I finally got the HX One updated to 3.71! :banana

Not even sure what did it, as it was still a 30min+ annoying process, but here's what I tried:

- unplugged all midi and ts cables from it (had forgotten to do this before)

- however now both HX One Librarian and Line 6 Central would not recognize the HX1

- unplugged/replugged usb-c cable on both ends, power cycled the HX1, started it in forced update mode, still would not get recognized/show up on macbook

- reinstalled L6 Central, still no luck, HX1 would not show up

- tried different usb-a to usb-c cable, with an A to C adapter on one end (in the past this cable didn't work when I first got the HX1, so I bought the above-mentioned C to C one, that did work but has now stopped working... :bonk)

- for some reason this cable with the adapter worked and the HX1 was now showing up on both HX1 Librarian and L6 Central
- however the update still wouldn't finish and I was getting the same error message, several times in a row, fml :brick

- then suddenly, for no apparent reason, the update finished and is now working!

Meme Reaction GIF

- I think I was trying it in forced-update mode, but can't be sure

Back