New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

So here’s a fun bit…. I don’t really have a strong reason to get the HX one, but I kinda want one just because of how cool, powerful, and flexible it is. The crazy part is that the more I think about how cool it could be for some things, the more I convince myself I should probably buy a stomp instead…. I wasn’t even considering buying a stomp…

D

So here’s a fun bit…. I don’t really have a strong reason to get the HX one, but I kinda want one just because of how cool, powerful, and flexible it is. The crazy part is that the more I think about how cool it could be for some things, the more I convince myself I should probably buy a stomp instead…. I wasn’t even considering buying a stomp…

D

Hold my beer…

It crossed my mind that it would be cool to throw a couple in my Axe FXs loops and have access to some of the stuff that Line 6 does differently than Fractal. Never mind that I already have an HX Effects that can do more at once with zero cash outlay, there’s a cool factor to those little boxes that is making me want one or three.

The crazy part is that the more I think about how cool it could be for some things, the more I convince myself I should probably buy a stomp instead…. I wasn’t even considering buying a stomp…

"Buy", you say?

happy investment GIF by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW | PBS

Hold my beer…

It crossed my mind that it would be cool to throw a couple in my Axe FXs loops and have access to some of the stuff that Line 6 does differently than Fractal. Never mind that I already have an HX Effects that can do more at once with zero cash outlay, there’s a cool factor to those little boxes that is making me want one or three.

Allow me to assist…

The thing that the one and the stomp can do that the fx can’t is the variable input impedance. That matters a lot for some of the front end effects that the HX does well. Cosmos echo for instance is a dramatically different effect that way, I love it in both instances but wow are they different. Not to mention that the variety of cool fuzz tones in Helix is really cool and you don’t get the benefit of that IMO without the impedance.

D

Allow me to assist…

The thing that the one and the stomp can do that the fx can’t is the variable input impedance. That matters a lot for some of the front end effects that the HX does well. Cosmos echo for instance is a dramatically different effect that way, I love it in both instances but wow are they different. Not to mention that the variety of cool fuzz tones in Helix is really cool and you don’t get the benefit of that IMO without the impedance.

D

That doesn’t matter for my application, they would be in the loops of the Fractal.

I don't understand how is possible that so many YouTubers that don't understand why HX Solo exist and why is a cool.

For real. It's like everyone had to jump the gun and drop a reaction video before everyone else, without the slightest analysis behind it.

The comment sections being filled with "actually, this would be really useful for X/Y/Z" comments were reassuring though.

Last edited:
Back