New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

The HX One is a great utility pedal. If Line 6 could’ve squeezed two blocks in it might have been the greatest one ever. Sure it’s going to sell well.

Yeah not to be a wet blanket but two would have been awesome and I'd have been all for it.

You're not getting the purpose of the unit. It's a gateway drug into the world of modeling. They should have called it the HX Dime Bag, 'cause it just gives people a taste to get them hooked.

I think they hold up really well, imho. I have both now (FM9 and Helix Floor) so I’ve been able to compare a lot of things side by side. If I could only keep one, I’d still be leaning Helix for a number of reasons.
That's your preference, I wouldn't in a million years.

The thing that the one and the stomp can do that the fx can’t is the variable input impedance.
Yeah line6 really castrated the HX FX for no reason and made it a hard pedal to buy because of it. Without variable impedence the fuzzes are really hard to use and for a pedal supposed to be used with an amp it's ab inexcusable issue.

I actually find the HX reverbs now to be more plug and play than Fractal now, easier to wrap my head around anyway. Maybe I need to dive deeper into the Fractal reverb parameters. Same with the delays, more plug and play and quicker way to get a variety of sounds. Both sound really good though, there's a reason I swap between the two units.
They are more plug and play but the fractal sounds better.

A POG Pico is $240. A BOSS BF-3 is $150. Any reverb or delay is going to be $150-$200. But yet it’s some mystery why this pedal exists.
I don't think it's a mystery. Just knowing what possibly could have been done to make it that much more versatile.

Would more people use the flux or would it have been better to just that be effect B for example (or give the option to choose)

I don't think it's a mystery. Just knowing what possibly could have been done to make it that much more versatile.

Would more people use the flux or would it have been better to just that be effect B for example (or give the option to choose)
IT’S A MYSTERY, I SAY!
Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

I wish companies didn't abandon spdif, I would instantly buy a small box with Line 6's super quiet guitar input and spdif output to live permanently on my desktop for di tracks, helix native and other plugins.

On windows i can use one asio driver at a time and i prefer my existing interface, reconfiguring my daw for helix usb then back to my focusrite every time i want to play is not what i want.

The HX One is a great utility pedal. If Line 6 could’ve squeezed two blocks in it might have been the greatest one ever. Sure it’s going to sell well.

Gotta agree with the two blocks, especially when it comes to spatial FX, I usually mix delay and reverb.

Back