New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

There are no helix reverbs I’m looking to take with me, the HX reverbs just aren’t my thing I use a Ventris outboard for all reverb duties. I’ve enjoyed fractal delays in the past, assuming the new spring stuff makes it to FM9 I should be happy with the FM.
The verbs in the HX stomp are better now but still can't compare to the axe. The Stomp lives in my shed where my son plays drums so we can play together but when daddy has fun he's using the axe with a mesa rectifier 2x12 cab.

If you don't like the delays just find a way to record a unit that does a better job vs the fractal and cliff will redefine delays for you to dunk on whatever product was (temporarily) better before.

The verbs in the HX stomp are better now but still can't compare to the axe. The Stomp lives in my shed where my son plays drums so we can play together but when daddy has fun he's using the axe with a mesa rectifier 2x12 cab.

If you don't like the delays just find a way to record a unit that does a better job vs the fractal and cliff will redefine delays for you to dunk on whatever product was (temporarily) better before.

For me to keep a modeling product, it has to do what I need from day one. I don’t buy and keep stuff hoping one day it will meet my needs.

Some of the issues I had with fractal delays didn’t get resolved (at least I hear they are resolved) for like 7 years, so nope I don’t wait around hoping they’ll give me what I want.

These things take longer and are far more work than a lot of people realize. I know it looks like Cliff whips out big updates in a few days but it’s not that easy. That spring reverb is an idea he’s been working on for a long time that he recently had a breakthrough on. The delay overhaul of last year used tech he’s developed in other places over years that he packaged together as a delay overhaul that addressed feedback. He’s super responsive and quick where he can be, but he’s not superhuman and he’s got a vision for what the product is and he also just says no or some other time to what some people want, as he should.

D

I actually find the HX reverbs now to be more plug and play than Fractal now, easier to wrap my head around anyway. Maybe I need to dive deeper into the Fractal reverb parameters. Same with the delays, more plug and play and quicker way to get a variety of sounds. Both sound really good though, there's a reason I swap between the two units.

Is mooer related to Hotone too?
Or are they their own entity.
Honestly you would have more inside knowledge to answer is it just a bunch of factories over there

How is someone like Hotone getting more responsive touch screens than NDSP and solid amp models in $300 boxes ?

Do you think they are borrowing IP or do they have a team

I got the pic from kai in facebook line 6 group, and he said pedalboard planner site added hx one now so others can see how it compares to other effects etc.. https://pedalboardplanner.com/

395404847_1974760812896851_7903526990808461524_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hm... FAS can cover these though...? And the dynamic stuff is great, but those are ew. You must not like reverbs :sofa

Ten-tap

Zephyr

Finally we agree! Yup, those are great in HX and no real counterparts in FAS.

Actually, Leon Todd worked out a free preset along the same lines as the Tesselator called Tape Loops:

The Glitch stands alone, most definitely.

Hm... FAS can cover these though...? And the dynamic stuff is great, but those are ew. You must not like reverbs :sofa

Ten-tap

Zephyr

Finally we agree! Yup, those are great in HX and no real counterparts in FAS.
Stop trying to talk me outta spending money. :D

Nah, I likely wouldn't use something like this with the Fractal anyway. It'd go on my regular board. I actually don't mix my FM9 with my "regular" gear.

Back