New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

Talking/typing out loud here.

I was thinking, I could use it with the XL, and (because of the DSP/block limitation), instead of having a preset with just the Poly Capo, only one amp model, and IR, and a delay, I could use the One for Poly Capo, ALONG with my NORMAL preset that has everything in it, (2 amps, wah, compressor, boost, chorus, delay reverb, etc), and/or also use it for that one effect that I only need for 1 or two songs a night, like tremolo or long hall reverb, when I'm in normal tuning, where I don't have enough blocks to include at tremolo or whatever, on the XL.

The only thing I can't wrap my head around is, where would put it, PHYSICALLY, in the signal chain, in relation to the Stomp, to have the Poly Capo up front, but also have the choice of a long Reverb AFTER the modeling in the Stomp. If I have to use an effects loop block, that will kind of make it moot.

if I'm understanding you and what I've learned about it today, as long as your rig is mono you can just route the poly patch to be before the stomp, and the reverb after the stomp

My bandmates were truly in for a treat when I got my first whammy pedal :grin

Actually had a pretty funny conversation this past weekend about my whammy with my former bass player and our buddy; for 20 years I thought bass player hated the Whammy because he refers to it as “that pedal you love that makes a ton of noise”, he said it again this weekend and our other buddy asks “You really don’t like that pedal, do you? I’ve heard you say that before” and he says “I think the effect itself is awesome, but Drew had one that hissed and buzzed and was a nightmare to record”

For 20 years I’ve thought that dude hated the whammy effect itself so I’ve intentionally abused it even more around him to be an antagonistic little shit and this whole time it was because my WH-2 was shitting the bed. We’ve had arguements over the merits of the Whammy pedal for years because of this and never once did it come through he was talking about actual noise. :rofl

There are delays and reverbs in the HX stuff that the Fractal won't do, and the KoT and Univibes in the Fractal suck hairy pimpled nuts. So yeah, the HX One would be great for that.

There are no helix reverbs I’m looking to take with me, the HX reverbs just aren’t my thing I use a Ventris outboard for all reverb duties. I’ve enjoyed fractal delays in the past, assuming the new spring stuff makes it to FM9 I should be happy with the FM.

Delays… I thought they fixed them a little over a year ago with regard to being able to get the right vibe and degradation. If they didn’t and they’re remotely like they used to be, I’ll probably not be happy with the fm9.

I’m trying to use univibe more (really just modulation in general as I’ve usually stayed away from it), expected it to be great in the Fractal. Maybe my expectations are setting me up for disappointment?

No, not at all. I think Cliff would say, or has said, that Fractal’s version is more like an actual, well-maintained tape delay than exaggerated modern versions like L6’s or the El Cap, etc.

And there’s probably a way to tweak Fractal’s to be like L6’s, but I haven’t had the inclination and/or ability.

Also, I just love the simplicity and musicality of that single Modulation parameter on L6’s.

That, and it just sounds like the perfect tape delay I hear in my head, just turning it on and with no fuss.

I gotcha, the advanced controls claim to be able to get it there. I’ll have to see if I find they can or not. I do like a good tape delay that’s in good working order too though. But at times I do want the warped stuff. Fractal stuff has never been as direct to get what you want, and I’m okay with that as long as what I want is actually in there. I find that once I get it how I want it I rarely mess with it, so it’s just something I have to invest the time in once and then I’m done.

D

Take that, John Mayer!

Feel that warp baby

john-mayer-guitar (1).gif

john-mayer-guitar (3).gif

You mean the Fractal mono tape delay doesn’t do it for you?

… he asked in fear as he’s been contemplating an FM9 rig…

D
I can get the Fractal tape delay to do what the Volante does, just had to tweak for 15 min or so upping the modulation, lowering the bandwidth of the EQ, making it dirtier, etc. I'm sure it can do the HX tape delay thing or whatever tape delay you need it to do, but you might have to A/B and tweak the first time around.

I can get the Fractal tape delay to do what the Volante does, just had to tweak for 15 min or so upping the modulation, lowering the bandwidth of the EQ, making it dirtier, etc. I'm sure it can do the HX tape delay thing or whatever tape delay you need it to do, but you might have to A/B and tweak the first time around.

Ever since @Orvillain mentioned it I can't get the thought of a standalone fractal delay out of my head. Make it a dual delay/reverb pedal and I'd buy the shit out of that.

I was thinking, I could use it with the XL, and (because of the DSP/block limitation), instead of having a preset with just the Poly Capo, only one amp model, and IR, and a delay, I could use the One for Poly Capo, ALONG with my NORMAL preset that has everything in it, (2 amps, wah, compressor, boost, chorus, delay reverb, etc), and/or also use it for that one effect that I only need for 1 or two songs a night, like tremolo or long hall reverb, when I'm in normal tuning, where I don't have enough blocks to include at tremolo or whatever, on the XL.

The only thing I can't wrap my head around is, where would put it, PHYSICALLY, in the signal chain, in relation to the Stomp, to have the Poly Capo up front, but also have the choice of a long Reverb AFTER the modeling in the Stomp. If I have to use an effects loop block, that will kind of make it moot.
If you're willing to sacrifice stereo operation, HX One could be placed before or after HX Stomp and swap locations per preset. HX Stomp's Command Center's instant commands could then recall the HX One preset via MIDI, which instantly swaps it pre or post-HX Stomp, no Stomp FX Loop block required.

If you're willing to sacrifice stereo operation, HX One could be placed before or after HX Stomp and swap locations per preset. HX Stomp's Command Center's instant commands could then recall the HX One preset via MIDI, which instantly swaps it pre or post-HX Stomp, no Stomp FX Loop block required.
But then what would the cable routing look like? Stomp in the loop of the One?

Was there the same level of outrage when the eventide H9 came out? Those are retailing at $599 with all the same "limitations" :cop

There was a higher level of disinterest from me. But I think H9 Max can do two effects at once now right? As usual I always figured why not just get a Stomp?

For me I’m interested in one of two paths:

1-everything integrated into one device
2-simple devices with physical knobs and no screens

Honestly I would have been kinda tempted if there were L6 versions of the UAD or Strymon pedals with half a dozen knobs and a couple switches.

Anyways I got an HXFX that can do all pedals in one and a Stomp for basically anything else. So the One doesn’t really fill a need for me at all. The smaller size and lower current draw are l neat but otherwise the Stomp makes more sense to me.

But then what would the cable routing look like? Stomp in the loop of the One?
Just connect them serially, with HX One's right side after HX Stomp. One example:
  • Guitar > pre effects > HX One L in
  • HX One L out > more pre effects > HX Stomp L in
  • HX Stomp L out > post effects > HX One R In
  • HX One R out > more post effects > Amp
Per HX One preset, you can move it pre or post-HX Stomp with no FX Loop block required.

Manual's up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231024-203046.png
    Screenshot_20231024-203046.png
    280.1 KB · Views: 32
Early next year you may see additional boxes that aren't for y'all either. Because if we only developed products for modeler/multieffects gear forum devotees, we'd be broke. There simply aren't enough of you.

HX Amp, HX Noise Gate, HX Tuner, HX Interface, HX K-Cup all confirmed for '24.

Collect them all kids!!

Back