New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

I take pride in the words „Ich bin ein Grumpopotamus“.
Germany Berlin GIF by US National Archives

Yes. Flux can sync to tempo as well, so if you have a synth filter opening over, say, 8 bars (32 beats at 4/4), it'll be fully open on the downbeat. Or you can trigger dynamically increasing distortion into the solo to get ready for a bar or two instead of having to hit the switch right on the 1 and nail the first few weedily weedily weedily WEEEEEs.

Sales and Finance. ;)

Holy shit I'm pumped for this thing :love:love:love:love

Can't wait for Christmas!

The M5 is one pedal I often regretted selling, but never missed enough to replace it, especially with the HX stuff already out.
I wonder how many of those units were sold.
It's great, one pedal to help you out in a pinch.
And with 500mA it does not even require a super special power supply.
What's not to like?

The M5 is one pedal I often regretted selling, but never missed enough to replace it, especially with the HX stuff already out.
What's not to like?

I owned both an M9 and an M5 on two different occasions each lol.

I liked the M5 better. Easier to integrate with my pedalboard, rather than the multifx becoming the pedalboard :D

M5 is still a currently available product, but it's much larger (see comparison below), has no variable impedance circuit, doesn't have any Helix-level effects (including those we haven't released yet), has no looper, and its MIDI implementation isn't nearly as robust. HX One addresses all of those concerns, plus it's a lot easier to use and has quite a few extra goodies.

HXOnevsM5.jpg

What's not to like?

You still need a good power supply though, from what I understand you want isolated outputs and not the daisy chain cheap stuff for anything digital. But you wouldn’t need the $10 current double adapter and if you have a big board you wouldn’t draw down as much current.

Good short write-up about power supplies

Last edited:
M5 is still a currently available product, but it's much larger (see comparison below), has no variable impedance circuit, doesn't have any Helix-level effects (including those we haven't released yet), has no looper, and its MIDI implementation isn't nearly as robust. HX One addresses all of those concerns, plus it's a lot easier to use and has quite a few extra goodies.

View attachment 12665
The M5 was huge and a bit cumbersome.
This looks great. And I've always found the Line6 user interafaces to be very intuitive for me.

My guess, since DI said it’s a product not targeting this forum, is that L6 will put out a product for gamers/streamers. Rode, Logitech, and others have several units targeting this market, which seems financially lucrative.

I’ll be the first to admit… I was WAAAAY off

You still need a good power supply though, from what I understand you want isolated outputs and not the daisy chain cheap stuff for anything digital. But you wouldn’t need the $10 current double adapter and if you have a big board you wouldn’t draw down as much current.
I've just put together a pedal board for recording:
20231024_214122.jpg
That Harley Benton power supply has ten isolated outputs, each 250mA minimum. Two outputs are 500mA, some are switchable and high current. It's 110 bucks in Eurodollars, here in Krautistan.
As of now I don't have a pedal that needs even 250mA of current, so I should be able to integrate that HX One quite comfortable, if needed.
I was quite sceptical, I expected to go with a Cioks plus expander, but this works surprisingly well.

That Harley Benton power supply has ten isolated outputs, each 250mA minimum. Two outputs are 500mA, some are switchable and high current. It's 110 bucks in Eurodollars, here in Krautistan.
Any issues with noise?

Back