New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

That Harley Benton power supply has ten isolated outputs, each 250mA minimum. Two outputs are 500mA, some are switchable and high current. It's 110 bucks in Eurodollars, here in Krautistan.
As of now I don't have a pedal that needs even 250mA of current, so I should be able to integrate that HX One quite comfortable, if needed.
I was quite sceptical, I expected to go with a Cioks plus expander, but this works surprisingly well.

Those PSAs from HB are great. OK, still no idea whether they will work for a decade or so, but mine has seen quite some gigs over the course of around 2 years and is still working just fine (and it's powering a LOT of stuff). IMO they're performing way over their price league.

Looks like a cool box. It would be an interesting add on to my FM9 so I could get access to the effects models Fractal doesn't have, especially distortions/od.

It just occurred to me - while reading @Baba's excellent post to @Jarick - that I could use the HX One to add the Transistor Tape delay to any other unit, like an FM3/FM9, my GT1000, etc, without needing a whole Stomp. It's honestly the single most missed effect whenever I stray from L6 land.

Sound Of Music GIF

It just occurred to me - while reading @Baba's excellent post to @Jarick - that I could use the HX One to add the Transistor Tape delay to any other unit, like an FM3/FM9, my GT1000, etc, without needing a whole Stomp. It's honestly the single most missed effect whenever I stray from L6 land.

Sound Of Music GIF

You mean the Fractal mono tape delay doesn’t do it for you?

… he asked in fear as he’s been contemplating an FM9 rig…

D

You mean the Fractal mono tape delay doesn’t do it for you?

No, not at all. I think Cliff would say, or has said, that Fractal’s version is more like an actual, well-maintained tape delay than exaggerated modern versions like L6’s or the El Cap, etc.

And there’s probably a way to tweak Fractal’s to be like L6’s, but I haven’t had the inclination and/or ability.

Also, I just love the simplicity and musicality of that single Modulation parameter on L6’s.

That, and it just sounds like the perfect tape delay I hear in my head, just turning it on and with no fuss.

Talking/typing out loud here.

I was thinking, I could use it with the XL, and (because of the DSP/block limitation), instead of having a preset with just the Poly Capo, only one amp model, and IR, and a delay, I could use the One for Poly Capo, ALONG with my NORMAL preset that has everything in it, (2 amps, wah, compressor, boost, chorus, delay reverb, etc), and/or also use it for that one effect that I only need for 1 or two songs a night, like tremolo or long hall reverb, when I'm in normal tuning, where I don't have enough blocks to include at tremolo or whatever, on the XL.

The only thing I can't wrap my head around is, where would put it, PHYSICALLY, in the signal chain, in relation to the Stomp, to have the Poly Capo up front, but also have the choice of a long Reverb AFTER the modeling in the Stomp. If I have to use an effects loop block, that will kind of make it moot.

Back