New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

Like I said, I'll be interested to see who ends up with these on their boards. The HX Stomp opened up a lot of doors for Line 6 because it landed on a lot of pedalboards from guys who wouldn't touch a Pod or Helix. Probably similar to the DL4, which was a standalone pedal.

Maybe the hope is a lot of folks buy this, really enjoy the effects, then realize they need to upgrade to the Stomp to be able to use more than one?
For me it’s that it’ll fit on a board easier and fits a purpose.

For me it’s that it’ll fit on a board easier and fits a purpose.
Yeah if I'm missing a delay/reverb pedals or maybe chorus, flanger, comp etc and know I won't have them all on the same time, it can really fill that hole for a fraction of the price if I were to buy all those pedals to fill out a board

Let the wild speculation begin!!
1/2 Hx One, that only lets you play for 2 minutes at a time.. on one efx at a time

Avoiding No Drama GIF by MOODMAN

They made it easy for my wallet :rofl

@Digital Igloo I would be able to use the midi to tempo sync this with my other midi devices correct? (I would assume that is a given, but I recently learned on here that the FM9 cannot do this)

:idkPedalboard-based musicians? Of whom there are many, many more than multieffects/modeler musicians?
Pshhhhyeah, but I mean, who cares about those luddites?

;)

Congrats on the release. It's an attractive-looking pedal and I can tell it will serve its niche well. UI looks to be well thought-out, as we've come to expect from Line 6. It may not be my niche, but, different floats for different boats and all that.

Hm, ok - I still can't see myself actually buying one in the near future, but while I was even kinda like "wouldn't take this for free" at first, I could now actually see quite some use cases for that thing (should I buy it, which still is unlikely...).
Most likely I'd use it for whatever strange stuff and abuse the Flux switch a lot.

Fwiw, do we have to wait for Leo Gibson to get some latency figures or could you just tell us, @Digital Igloo?

@Digital Igloo I would be able to use the midi to tempo sync this with my other midi devices correct?
Yes. Flux can sync to tempo as well, so if you have a synth filter opening over, say, 8 bars (32 beats at 4/4), it'll be fully open on the downbeat. Or you can trigger dynamically increasing distortion into the solo to get ready for a bar or two instead of having to hit the switch right on the 1 and nail the first few weedily weedily weedily WEEEEEs.
Pshhhhyeah, but I mean, who cares about those luddites?;)
Sales and Finance. ;)

Back