New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

and no audio interface functionality to use with discounted Native?

How would you use it anyway in case they didn't massively upped their audio interface game? At 16.x ms that's no fun - and unlike with the other units, direct monitoring (while recording the dry signal) is barely possible with just one effect at a time.

Apart from that, while I guess the Flux function is nice, in general, this is leaving me cold as the individual FX IMO aren't good enough to justify the price tag given that it's just one effect at a time. Would be quite different in case it allowed for 3-4 blocks running at once - but in that case I'd run into UI related issues for sure, so I guess it's better for everybody that I'll never be getting one.

I feel like if this had amps, you’d see it on every board in existence and it would be the new tgf currency, “never sell”, etc.
I agree I was really hoping they had done the L6 version of the Hotone mini even at $500 with the switches to scroll presets
That box is super cool for what it does

The more I'm reading the description... you can connect the EXP out to control FS3/4. But how/why would you need to control FS3/4 on a one block pedal? Mapping FS3/4 to block parameters?
Instant access to Bypass, Tap, Flux, Preset Up, and/or Preset Down. In case you don't have a MIDI controller.
Can it do PolyCapo though? I feel like I haven't seen a definitive on that yet :unsure:
Yes. Every effect from Helix/HX except for the 6 Switch Looper and the Volume/Pan stuff. However, via MIDI CC (or MIDI notes from your keyboard or sequencer), you can control HX One as if it had a 6 Switch Looper.
Does this mean 3.70 will land when HX One ships???
Don't quote me, but it appears as if 3.70 may be available before HX One shows up in stores. So there could be a day-one update with additional effects.
I feel like if this had amps, you’d see it on every board in existence and it would be the new tgf currency, “never sell”, etc.
Believe me, if HX One had amps (which means adding a headphone amp, a lot more flash for IR loading, additional UI hardware, etc. to accommodate it), we'd sell way fewer HX Ones. A lot of people here simply aren't the target customer, which is exactly what I said the other day.

Early next year you may see additional boxes that aren't for y'all either. Because if we only developed products for modeler/multieffects gear forum devotees, we'd be broke. There simply aren't enough of you.

Legit question, can some please tell me what part of the market the Hx One is aiming for?

M5 customers. Basically, people who want a flexible stompbox which is... nothing more than a stompbox.

To me it seems like a all-in-one Strymon pedal(s) replacement where you will want more than one of these on the pedalboard?

Yeah, but for 300 bucks you're getting every single effect under the sun Strymon sells you as standalones... and way more, too. And it's not like HX stuff is clearly inferior either - the new Dynamic Reverbs, for example, are as good as any boutique pedal out there.

Last edited:
Instant access to Bypass, Tap, Flux, Preset Up, and/or Preset Down.

Yes. Every effect from Helix/HX except from the 6 Switch Looper and the Volume/Pan stuff. However, via MIDI CC (or MIDI notes from your keyboard or sequencer), you can control HX One as if it had a 6 Switch Looper.

Don't quote me, but it appears as if 3.70 may be available before HX One shows up in stores. So there could be a day-one update with additional effects.

Believe me, if HX One had amps (which means adding a headphone amp, a lot more flash for IR loading, additional UI hardware, etc. to accommodate it), we'd sell way fewer HX Ones. A lot of people here simply aren't the target customer, which is exactly what I said the other day.
Thank you 🙏🏻 dang you answered 3 of my posts
Freaking Out Taylor Swift GIF by FOX Teen Choice

Yes. Every effect from Helix/HX except from the 6 Switch Looper and the Volume/Pan stuff. However, via MIDI CC (or MIDI notes from your keyboard or sequencer), you can control HX One as if it had a 6 Switch Looper.

Just to confirm - this means no cab blocks either, right? As in the HX Effects?

Reason i ask is that the official page / manual doesn't seem to be up as of today.

One thing I have learned, with certain products, is that you have to get out of that, "but this can do so much more" mentality, to see the genius/use.

What you said is true, but you have to compare the HX One to something like a single Strymon, or one of those Zooms, or the TC Electronic jaunts that came out a few years ago.

By your reasoning, (and you're not wrong), why buy a Stomp when you can get a Stomp XL with more footswitches, or, why buy a Stomp XL, when you can get even more footswitches, I/O, and DSP by getting a Helix LT . . ., you can see where that goes.

With this kind of thing, you can't really compare it side by side with it's bigger brother and look at what it CAN'T do, you have to look from the bottom up and start with what it CAN do, compared to it's competition, which, usually, there isn't any.

This is for the guy who has to have 3 different Strymons, or 8 different pedals that do different things, and only get used once in a while for that ONE thing they do, etc.

Good explanation.

I guess I'm starting to see the use case, which is for the type of player who primarily plays a bunch of individual effects, has a spot on the board for a utility effect, and doesn't ever want to get any more complicated than that.

I'd be curious how successful this is vs the Stomp, because I see that as being far more versatile, but we shall see.

Take my situation. Take it as read that the Timeline and BigSky does most of my reverb and delay needs, and that I prefer the tones. Then look at my needs:

- One song needs a whammy with a mix control, that I can slowly morph between root and a 5th. I use it for about 2minutes in a 7 minute song.
- The same song needs an octave down effect with a 30/70% mix. I use it for the last 3 minutes of the song.
- I don't use these effects in ANY other song, and not intending to.
- One song uses a 100% web large hall reverb for about 40 seconds. I don't do this in any other song either. The thing is, this is an effect on top of a delay and reverb, so I need two reverbs for this one.
- One song uses the excellent Xenomorph fuzz on Helix, and there aren't many real world fuzzes that sound like that. Again though, I only use it for the last 2 minutes of one song. Never use it in any other songs.
- One song uses a compressor after my typical delay+reverb thing, so I can really compress and bring out the tails when I'm not playing some staccato notes. Again though, I do this for about 20 seconds.
- One song used the Pattern Tremolo on the Strymon Mobius for about 30 seconds too. But I never used any other sounds on the Mobius ever.

So.... to get a singles board to do all of the above... is actually quite a challenge. Some pedals simply don't do the tones, some pedals do... but then I'm dedicating a huge chunk of floor space to one effect that I use for a small part of a song.

So if I was going singles, something like this makes TOTAL sense.

Couldn't the Stomp do all of that and more? Or is it the LFO control on the whammy position? It could also do the dual reverb effect you're describing, right?

Back