New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

Legit question, can some please tell me what part of the market the Hx One is aiming for?
To me it seems like a all-in-one Strymon pedal(s) replacement where you will want more than one of these on the pedalboard?

I am a core amp tone player and don't use pedals almost at all.

Pedalboard users that don't like multi fx units, mainly.

I used to be one of those and this would have been a nice addition in my board because I always loved to have different delays, reverbs and modulations in my boards, but real estate was always the limit.

I'm buying 8 so I can replicate my old Stomp.
This would indeed be an appropriate penance for selling a Stomp!

shame-ring.gif

So technically with midi on something like A 5153 you could have clean with Reverb
Crunch w poly capo
Lead with delay
Is that correct ?

So one at a time but midi could match up multiple presets ?
Dunno but I kinda doubt this thing is running a full robust Command Center level ability to send 1/2 dozen midi message per preset change. i.e, of course its doable via MIDI, but probably need a different MIDI controller to do that level stuff. But I also haven't read the full spec on this thing

Yep, and with 4CM and the movable loop you could have one preset with a tube screamer in front of the amp, and another that moves the delay into the fx loop of the amp, etc.

Or, if you go straight into the clean channel and don't use/have an fx loop in the amp, you can put some pedals in the HX One loop and "move" them before of after HX One per preset.

That's pretty cool.

I feel like if this had amps, you’d see it on every board in existence and it would be the new tgf currency, “never sell”, etc.

Hey James, you don’t use any boosts?

Edit: asking genuinely. Not that I’d buy the HX one just for the boosts tho.

I do, SD-1, Klon, GE-7, something to tighten and gain up an amp, but I do not use wet effects, hence my question.
Yeah, probably the huge pedalboard people, because in a smaller pedalboard I would go with the HX Stomp.

View attachment 12616
View attachment 12617
View attachment 12618
View attachment 12619
View attachment 12620

DESCRIPTION

HX®One is a powerful stereo effect pedal with intuitive controls that fits onto any pedalboard. Select one of 250+ effects taken from the acclaimed HX family processors and easily adjust the parameters displayed on the OLED screen using the three corresponding knobs.You can also automate parameter changes via the unique Flux controller and trigger them with the Tap/Flux footswitch. Connect an optional expression pedal or two external foot switches for additional control. HX One also provides adjustable input impedance; a choice of True Bypass or buffered DSP Bypass; MIDI In and Out/Thru connectors; 128Presets; and a USB-C port for firmware updates and use with the HX®One Preset Librarian application.HX One may be powered using the included 9V power supply or most third-party power supplies, making it easy to add to your pedalboard.

250+Effects taken from the HX family processors

Intuitive controls make selecting and editing effects easy•

Flux Controller for automating parameter changes

Adjustable input impedance to match your instrument

Connect an optional expression pedal or 2 external footswitches

MIDI In, Out/Thru connectors(receives PC and CC messages)

Stereo I/O with choice of TrueBypass or buffered DSP Bypass

128 Presets lots

USB-C port for firmware updates and use with HX®One Preset Librarian

Source:

https://www.mannsmusic.co.uk/guitars/line-6-hx-one-multi-effect-processor.htm

the princess bride boo GIF

Take my situation. Take it as read that the Timeline and BigSky does most of my reverb and delay needs, and that I prefer the tones. Then look at my needs:

- One song needs a whammy with a mix control, that I can slowly morph between root and a 5th. I use it for about 2minutes in a 7 minute song.
- The same song needs an octave down effect with a 30/70% mix. I use it for the last 3 minutes of the song.
- I don't use these effects in ANY other song, and not intending to.
- One song uses a 100% web large hall reverb for about 40 seconds. I don't do this in any other song either. The thing is, this is an effect on top of a delay and reverb, so I need two reverbs for this one.
- One song uses the excellent Xenomorph fuzz on Helix, and there aren't many real world fuzzes that sound like that. Again though, I only use it for the last 2 minutes of one song. Never use it in any other songs.
- One song uses a compressor after my typical delay+reverb thing, so I can really compress and bring out the tails when I'm not playing some staccato notes. Again though, I do this for about 20 seconds.
- One song used the Pattern Tremolo on the Strymon Mobius for about 30 seconds too. But I never used any other sounds on the Mobius ever.

So.... to get a singles board to do all of the above... is actually quite a challenge. Some pedals simply don't do the tones, some pedals do... but then I'm dedicating a huge chunk of floor space to one effect that I use for a small part of a song.

So if I was going singles, something like this makes TOTAL sense.

Back