New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

I WAS REPETITIVE CUS TOO SLOW SO DELETED IT
Here I Am Mirror GIF by Jeopardy!

Right but, all of the things you said about the HX One is exactly what could be said about the Stomp, except it can run up to eight blocks instead of one, it has an extra footswitch, and it has amp modeling. Otherwise they have the same controls, the same sound quality, the same effects (although it doesn't look like HX One can do amps right?), etc.

I dunno, it's not much harder to find an extra inch or two on a pedalboard and get a current doubler cable and be able to run a hell of a lot more in the Stomp.

Other way I could see it would be, if they made something like a DL2 with a bunch of delay algos in a small pedal with more physical knobs and no screen/menus, THAT would be cool. They could do a DL2, RV2, MD2, etc. That would compete with Strymon and UAD really well. This product is just a neutered Stomp.
One thing I have learned, with certain products, is that you have to get out of that, "but this can do so much more" mentality, to see the genius/use.

What you said is true, but you have to compare the HX One to something like a single Strymon, or one of those Zooms, or the TC Electronic jaunts that came out a few years ago.

By your reasoning, (and you're not wrong), why buy a Stomp when you can get a Stomp XL with more footswitches, or, why buy a Stomp XL, when you can get even more footswitches, I/O, and DSP by getting a Helix LT . . ., you can see where that goes.

With this kind of thing, you can't really compare it side by side with it's bigger brother and look at what it CAN'T do, you have to look from the bottom up and start with what it CAN do, compared to it's competition, which, usually, there isn't any.

This is for the guy who has to have 3 different Strymons, or 8 different pedals that do different things, and only get used once in a while for that ONE thing they do, etc.

Legit question, can some please tell me what part of the market the Hx One is aiming for?
To me it seems like a all-in-one Strymon pedal(s) replacement where you will want more than one of these on the pedalboard?

I am a core amp tone player and don't use pedals almost at all.

They’re going to sell a truckload of these. A lot of you guys are missing the point entirely. Forget being a “digital modeling” user. You’re a normal guitar player with a pedalboard and limited real estate on the board. There are a number of effects that you’d like to have at times but don’t want to commit to in a dedicated pedal. Some of the things you’d like to have to at the front of the chain and others go after the gain, you don’t want two multi pedals and you don’t want a bigger pedal or something complicated. This solves all of that.

I see little chance it has a true bypass option, but if it does I’m probably going to end up buying one for the next rig I’m building.

D

Legit question, can some please tell me what part of the market the Hx One is aiming for?
To me it seems like a all-in-one Strymon pedal(s) replacement where you will want more than one of these on the pedalboard?

I have a friend with an obscenely large pedalboard. He’s got great pedals in there, but also has an M5 because there was “that one sound”. This pedal is for people who plug it in at the store, roll through presets, get inspired, and then say “and it’s got all this other stuff too, where’s my Amex?”

Hey James, you don’t use any boosts?

Edit: asking genuinely. Not that I’d buy the HX one just for the boosts tho.

If you could combine two algo’s at once, I would get it. One algo, I don’t. But that’s just me.

So technically with midi on something like A 5153 you could have clean with Reverb
Crunch w poly capo
Lead with delay
Is that correct ?

So one at a time but midi could match up multiple presets ?
Yep, and with 4CM and the movable loop you could have one preset with a tube screamer in front of the amp, and another that moves the delay into the fx loop of the amp, etc.

Back