New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

Right but, all of the things you said about the HX One is exactly what could be said about the Stomp, except it can run up to eight blocks instead of one, it has an extra footswitch, and it has amp modeling. Otherwise they have the same controls, the same sound quality, the same effects (although it doesn't look like HX One can do amps right?), etc.

I dunno, it's not much harder to find an extra inch or two on a pedalboard and get a current doubler cable and be able to run a hell of a lot more in the Stomp.

Other way I could see it would be, if they made something like a DL2 with a bunch of delay algos in a small pedal with more physical knobs and no screen/menus, THAT would be cool. They could do a DL2, RV2, MD2, etc. That would compete with Strymon and UAD really well. This product is just a neutered Stomp.

I don't have any interest or need in any of that other stuff on the stomp tho :idk

But if it can poly capo, doesn't that mean it has DSP for a ton of high dsp amps??? So a smaller HX stomp powerful enough to run amps was always possible??

I think it's a cool M5 replacement. A HX zoom multistomp pedal would've broke my brain though (6 effects, preset scrolling, amps/cabs).

I don't have any interest or need in any of that other stuff on the stomp tho :idk

What I dig about the Stomp is I can use it for all my modulation effects in one package. Chorus, delay, reverb, with tap tempo. Added bonus, you can set up a noise gate, and an EQ, and other things. It's super useful.

I think if the HX One could run TWO effects, then it would make way more sense. You could have an always on effect like reverb, then a toggled effect like delay. And having two switches would be interesting if you had freedom with them, like: effect on/off and tap tempo, or effect A and effect B, or bypass and flux, etc.

I think if the HX One could run TWO effects, then it would make way more sense. You could have an always on effect like reverb, then a toggled effect like delay. And having two switches would be interesting if you had freedom with them, like: effect on/off and tap tempo, or effect A and effect B, or bypass and flux, etc.
GIF by The Jerry Springer Show

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Line 6 stuff. I just bought an HX Effects a couple weeks ago as an alternative to my HX Stomp.

That's also why I never bit on the H9. Super interested in the algos and quality, but seemed like a one trick pony. Or a pony with lots of tricks but then you have to get MIDI and a separate switcher involved. And we all know that road just leads back to the Stomp :p

What I dig about the Stomp is I can use it for all my modulation effects in one package. Chorus, delay, reverb, with tap tempo. Added bonus, you can set up a noise gate, and an EQ, and other things. It's super useful.

It can run 2 effects. One of them is always a noise gate.

Right but, all of the things you said about the HX One is exactly what could be said about the Stomp, except it can run up to eight blocks instead of one, it has an extra footswitch, and it has amp modeling. Otherwise they have the same controls, the same sound quality, the same effects (although it doesn't look like HX One can do amps right?), etc.
A lot of people don't want an extra footswitch or amp modeling. Or signal chain routing. Or multiple effects.
I dunno, it's not much harder to find an extra inch or two on a pedalboard and get a current doubler cable and be able to run a hell of a lot more in the Stomp.
For you and me, yeah, but it is for many.
Other way I could see it would be, if they made something like a DL2 with a bunch of delay algos in a small pedal with more physical knobs and no screen/menus, THAT would be cool. They could do a DL2, RV2, MD2, etc. That would compete with Strymon and UAD really well. This product is just a neutered Stomp.
So... you want a worse product cus it'd be cool. Also, then people would just buy Strymon and UAD pedals. This does more.

It's perfect for me because I already have a pedalboard that I'm pretty much content with, but having a "wildcard" pedal spot on the board is very attractive to me

Back